Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, first post :smile:

I bought a 2010 Toyota Matrix 3 months ago, mileage is 103000, everything went perfectly until yesterday.

It's winter here, cold weather (Canada).I defrosted my windshield from the inside, which threw snow everywhere inside my car, then started it with no problem to go to the grocery store, which is a 2 min drive.

I buy my food and when I return, the car cranks indefinitely but won't start.It cranks ''normally'' from what I can tell, except that even if I stop turning the key, it kept cranking until I took the key out.I tried jumpstarting the car, but it did nothing.The car had a new battery installed before I bought anyway.

I left on walk and returned an hour later, and the car started with no problem.

Now I'm worried I have an endless mystery on my hand, and I'll be nervous everywhere I go that my car won't start and so on.

Does that sound like anything you guys are aware of?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

***EDIT***

Forgot to say, my car often makes this exact sound as in this video when I start it:

Not sure if related, but could be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Ray
i have the same problem with a matrix i also live in canada so it must be the same vehicle it will be very appreciated if you can share your experience how did you solve this failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts