Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
'13 TAH & '10 FJC
895 Posts
I'm a little over 30,000 miles now and still no discomfort.
Put over 60k on our '11 before we traded for a '13 TAH 15 months ago. Never an issue with comfort (and it was mostly used for long trips) and, as a matter of fact, I wish the '13's seats were as cushy as the '11's....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a little over 30,000 miles now and still no discomfort.
The 2009 I got is cloth seating. I have to wonder if they use different foam build-outs on factory leather seats. That would explain why by 2003 (factory leather) is built so much better.

Moot point to me since I'm having it custom-altered. Just that I was surprised the 2009 was such a step down seat-design-wise.

230,000 miles on the 2003, I'm original owner, it's still very supportive and comfortable. I can also say it's the most comfortable car seat I've owned (including Lexus and Mercedes).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently test drove a very nice one-owner 2011 Avalon limited with only 36K - to my surprise, the driver's seat bottom was extremely uncomfortable after only a short test drive - I could feel an obvious metal support bar - very disappointing as this was an otherwise great car. I'm seeking a quiet/comfortable long distance commuter and may look at the updated Avalon (2013+) now.

·
2011 Avalon Limited
1,079 Posts
I recently test drove a very nice one-owner 2011 Avalon limited with only 36K - to my surprise, the driver's seat bottom was extremely uncomfortable after only a short test drive - I could feel an obvious metal support bar - very disappointing as this was an otherwise great car. I'm seeking a quiet/comfortable long distance commuter and may look at the updated Avalon (2013+) now.
That seat must have been used by a very large and heavy driver. My 2011has never had any seat cushion discomfort in the 5 plus years and almost 60,000 miles I have driven it. It's comfortable on long trips as well.

·
Registered
2016 Avalon LTD
641 Posts
If you are going to look at later years (I wouldn't), but if you do, go for 2016 or newer as they worked the suspensions and these are a lot more comfortable IMO

61 - 69 of 69 Posts