Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Camry (Base)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 base model Camry.
The passenger side front door lock (electronic) stopped working a while back.
I fixed the drivers side issue when replacing the speakers in the car (driver side would stick and sometime not move by hand).

What is the best way to determine if the door lock actuator is dead or something else is wrong?
Here is what I know at this moment.
1) Key from the outside will unlock the door (and all the other doors)
2) using the electronic locks from any door (fronts) does not lock the passenger door, nor unlock it
3) If manually locking/unlocking the door, there is no binding or struggle to move the lock.
4) the door does unlock with the door handle (I am assuming this is a manual item)
Is there a DYI on this (I looked and found nothing)?
Do I have to replace the entire actuator piece (looked and saw they are near $250)?

Thanks,

Terry

·
Registered
06 Sienna, 10 Camry
842 Posts
I have a 2011 base model Camry.
The passenger side front door lock (electronic) stopped working a while back.
I fixed the drivers side issue when replacing the speakers in the car (driver side would stick and sometime not move by hand).

What is the best way to determine if the door lock actuator is dead or something else is wrong?
Here is what I know at this moment.
1) Key from the outside will unlock the door (and all the other doors)
2) using the electronic locks from any door (fronts) does not lock the passenger door, nor unlock it
3) If manually locking/unlocking the door, there is no binding or struggle to move the lock.
4) the door does unlock with the door handle (I am assuming this is a manual item)
Is there a DYI on this (I looked and found nothing)?
Do I have to replace the entire actuator piece (looked and saw they are near $250)?

Thanks,

Terry
Sounds like the motor died. No matter what you would need to take the door panel off to get access. If you do that you can probe the connector and see if it's getting voltage when you do an unlock with the switches. If it's getting voltage I would assume the actuator is gone.

You can also go a little cheaper going with an aftermarket actuator:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1444166&parttype=13257

·
Registered
2011 Camry (Base)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dandaman,

Thanks for the post.
Getting the door panels off are no biggie. I just replaced all the speakers in the doors and the rear deck.
I will get my fluke meter out and do what you said.

I am assuming that the R&R of the actuator is not that big of a deal. May go and get a repair manual from the local parts store.

Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts