Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tues. night my wife and I just took delivery of a brand new Camry LE from our local dealer. Our dealer did not have the color we wanted so they obtained the car from another out of state dealer. The odometer had 100 miles on it at the closing.
Yesterday, my wife had the car on the interstate for the first time. This is when she noticed hard front end shuddering when she braked above 55 MPH. When she arrived home she was obviously upset figuring I would consider her nuts for complaining about a new car with a bit over 100 miles on it.
I then drove the car for the first time and braked it moderately hard at 50 MPH. The shuddering was so bad it was difficult to steer the car. I've driven cars with tweaked rotors before but nothing like this. I'm guessing whomever transported this car between dealers beat the crap outta it.
After I test drove the car we returned it to the dealer and left it in the parking lot with a note: Keep this piece of $hit.........we don't want it back. The service dept. just left a message on my wife's office voice mail that the rotors were badly warped and pitted. They machined the rotors and everything is now OK. Mmmmmmmmm not quite. We won't take the car back. Time to go car shopping again. Honda Accord? Thanks for the rant.:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Tues. night my wife and I just took delivery of a brand new Camry LE from our local dealer. Our dealer did not have the color we wanted so they obtained the car from another out of state dealer. The odometer had 100 miles on it at the closing.
Yesterday, my wife had the car on the interstate for the first time. This is when she noticed hard front end shuddering when she braked above 55 MPH. When she arrived home she was obviously upset figuring I would consider her nuts for complaining about a new car with a bit over 100 miles on it.
I then drove the car for the first time and braked it moderately hard at 50 MPH. The shuddering was so bad it was difficult to steer the car. I've driven cars with tweaked rotors before but nothing like this. I'm guessing whomever transported this car between dealers beat the crap outta it.
After I test drove the car we returned it to the dealer and left it in the parking lot with a note: Keep this piece of $hit.........we don't want it back. The service dept. just left a message on my wife's office voice mail that the rotors were badly warped and pitted. They machined the rotors and everything is now OK. Mmmmmmmmm not quite. We won't take the car back. Time to go car shopping again. Honda Accord? Thanks for the rant.:headbang::headbang:
So the Camry was beat up on the 100 mile transport trip causing the rotor problem and it's the fault of the car?The same can't happen with an Accord?
New vehicle brakes and rotors should be to be broken in before panic stops.
Your problem is with the dealer,not the car.

You took delivery,signed papers,it's yours.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you are not satisfied with it, and don't want it now, the dealer should honor your wishes. Chances are they don't want to especially since you already gave them your money - blood out of a rock comes to mind.
I don't know what your recourse is if the car is now a hot potato for you and the dealer! It doesn't come under lemon law since most states require you give the dealer a certain number of tries to fix it, which they have. Sounds like they have some complete morons working for them to abuse a brand new car to the point it warps the rotors in only 100 miles! And certainly you won't be going there again for another car - i'm interested in how all this turns out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the Camry was beat up on the 100 mile transport trip causing the rotor problem and it's the fault of the car?The same can't happen with an Accord?
New vehicle brakes and rotors should be to be broken in before panic stops.
Your problem is with the dealer,not the car.

You took delivery,signed papers,it's yours.
You are absolutely correct. The car is mine and there is nothing I can do about it but suck it up and badmouth the dealer whenever I can. The car has new rotors and appears to be OK. Thanks for allowing me to rant.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You are absolutely correct. The car is mine and there is nothing I can do about it but suck it up and badmouth the dealer whenever I can. The car has new rotors and appears to be OK. Thanks for allowing me to rant.

:thumbsup::)

·
Puerto Rico....
103 Posts
lol... If I was going to buy a new car for a full price of a new car, I wouldnt take it with more than 3 miles... They shouldve towed it!!.. mine had 2 miles when I got it because I did a test drive in it!!

·
What Toyota?
10,477 Posts
New is new until it's not owned by a dealer. Our 2011 Sienna was bought new with 17 on the clock. The Expedition had 30, IIRC. Our old Chrysler van had 0. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
lol... If I was going to buy a new car for a full price of a new car, I wouldnt take it with more than 3 miles... They shouldve towed it!!.. mine had 2 miles when I got it because I did a test drive in it!!
Knowing ahead of time that the dealer had to get the car from another dealer we expected some miles on the odometer. My wife spoke to a couple of company reps. and they did not appear to be overly concerned or overly sympathetic that a new car was delivered with warped rotors. That' fine. Live and learn. This will be our last Toyota.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Knowing ahead of time that the dealer had to get the car from another dealer we expected some miles on the odometer. My wife spoke to a couple of company reps. and they did not appear to be overly concerned or overly sympathetic that a new car was delivered with warped rotors. That' fine. Live and learn. This will be our last Toyota.:thumbsdow
Yeah,if this situation was with an Accord,Honda reps would have giving you another vehicle...not!.:D
I own both a Honda and Toyota and both would do the same thing in your situation.So would Mazda,Ford etc.
I don't buy any vehicle without a test drive in town and highway.

·
MotorFiend.com
7 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear that. :disappoin

·
Registered
13 Posts
And there are many dealers that don't care about the customer after you drive off the lot. There are also many dealers that are fantastic about helping their customers after the sale. Just depends...

·
Registered
586 Posts

So if you bought a brand new house...and a day after you move in you find it has a crack in one of the windows, the builder replaces the windows immediately....now you hate the house? and the builder? You're a tough man to please.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts