Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 XLE Camry.

Just reached 5K miles and the MAINT EXCLAMATION POINT LIGHT is lit and the message "MAINT REQUIRED" is displayed all the time now on the message display on the speedometer.

How do I reset the light/message??

I have tried the "hold the trip reset button for 5 sec as I turn the ignition to on......" method described in other threads.....and that does not work on my 2011 XLE.

Thanks, John McGriff

·
270hp = Happy Foot
1,123 Posts
^ look in the manual. it tells you how to do it, your probably not doing it right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.....I know (I have that scheduled for early next week)....but, in the meantime it's very bothersome to have that message and light barking at me......I was just inquiring within the forum if anyone had the secret-hook-up-work-around.

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
Try this:
1. Turn the key to "on" so that electrical system is fired up (but engine is not running)
2. Set trip planner to "A" trip.
3. Turn key off (no electrical)
4. Hold down trip planner button, then turn key to "on" so that electrical system is fired up (but engine is not running).
5. "Maint Req" light will blink several times and then go off.

I assume it's the same to 11 Camry.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
It's in the GEN6 Owners manual......................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.