Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to the previous feeds on this topic. I was quickly able to ascertain that 410 mA is way too much of a draw.
The other feeds gave me some general direction but I thought I would start a new feed specific to my 2011 Camry SE 4 cyl in case there were others that have run into the same thing.
Briefly, I have a short or shorts that are drawing too much power from the battery when the car is off, the doors are shut the lights are off etc.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
11,216 Posts
How did you determine this?
  1. Place multi-meter (reading current) between the battery post and clamp
  2. Remove and reinstall fuse one at a time til the current drops
  3. Once you find which fuse is drawing more current than normal, determine what in the circuit is causing the issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you determine this?
  1. Place multi-meter (reading current) between the battery post and clamp
  2. Remove and reinstall fuse one at a time til the current drops
  3. Once you find which fuse is drawing more current than normal, determine what in the circuit is causing the issue
I've started doing that. Thank you! I started with the fuse box in the engine compartment and noticed that the front of the box was loose! There was a bit of dust in there and the fuses closest to the front of the car were a bit sticky getting out. And the little fuse puller was "pre-stressed" and quickly broke. It smells like someone has been this course before. More later. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts