Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a white 2011 camry se

with teh 17 inch alloy wheels

im gonna powder coat them soon

i was going to do black

but i wanted to know who if you guys think white would look good?...or should i go black?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would look good on a white camry but the dust would need to be cleaned periodically

Do they have other colors like competition grey or gold, less noticeable dust

How much does that cost?

·
Registered
271 Posts
It would look good on a white camry but the dust would need to be cleaned periodically

Do they have other colors like competition grey or gold, less noticeable dust

How much does that cost?
White would look good but cleaning them will be a pita.

exactly what I'm thinking about. I have a black 2010 camry se and I'm not sure if getting the stock rims powder coated/painted would make the car look to black or not?
If you do get a red strip around the rim. And get TRD badges.. Some red accents would make it truly stand out. I say go for it

·
Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those arent rally wheels, dont get white!

yeah i know thats what i was thinking

but i feel like white would look really sick

and if i get black, its gonna all blend into the tires

·
Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White would look good but cleaning them will be a pita.

If you do get a red strip around the rim. And get TRD badges.. Some red accents would make it truly stand out. I say go for it

how would u get teh red strip around the rim? there gonna powder coat it then thats it? right?

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
yeah i know thats what i was thinking

but i feel like white would look really sick

and if i get black, its gonna all blend into the tires
that blending into the tires makes the wheel look bigger, with the white you have to upsize b/c the contrast between blk and wht makes your rims look smaller.

·
Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that blending into the tires makes the wheel look bigger, with the white you have to upsize b/c the contrast between blk and wht makes your rims look smaller.
but do u think its worth making htem black?

do u think it would look good?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Gun metal would look bad ass, someone on here has the 07 SE's in gun metal but I dont recall who. I'm trying to have a set of wheels powder coated as well I have a set of the ISx50 OEM 18"s I'm leaning towards silver or gun metal but I'm entertaining the idea of dark blue (color of my cam) not sure if it would look nice or tacky.

·
Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
personally, i'd keep it stock for now and maybe changing it down the road if you get bore of it.
well im kinda bored of em already haha :D

and i just dont have like 1000 dollars laying around to get new rims either

hmmm...tough decisions these days pahahah

·
Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gun metal would look bad ass, someone on here has the 07 SE's in gun metal but I dont recall who. I'm trying to have a set of wheels powder coated as well I have a set of the ISx50 OEM 18"s I'm leaning towards silver or gun metal but I'm entertaining the idea of dark blue (color of my cam) not sure if it would look nice or tacky.

i think ur car would llook sexy with black IS rims like no doubt...then make all ur emblems black, put limo tint on the backs and 20% on the fronts it would look sick

im trying to get teh same look going everything black except the car. especially cause my cars white :D hahah

but once i again i think u should black everything out(rims emblems etc.) and it would look legit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts