Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a engine vibration on a new 2011 corolla LE. The vibration is right between 2000-3000 RPM. Also the muffler kinda sounds louder at that RPM. I have only 300 miles on this car ... Any help is appreciated.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
:welcome: to TN !!

That doesn't sound right. That RPM range is right where I do the bulk of my driving. If it was me, I'd take it in to get it looked at, or at least take another 2011 for a ride and see if it does the same thing. You have to have something to compare it to IMO.

·
TN Senior Citizen
2011 Corolla S
164 Posts
Something's not right. I have a 2011 S with the same engine with about 1200 miles on it. No vibration when I travel to work, usually pulling about 2200-2500 RPM in 4th gear.
Take that car back and have them check it out. This is not normal.
Good luck and please keep us posted on what happens!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something's not right. I have a 2011 S with the same engine with about 1200 miles on it. No vibration when I travel to work, usually pulling about 2200-2500 RPM in 4th gear.
Take that car back and have them check it out. This is not normal.
Good luck and please keep us posted on what happens!
The dealership found nothing on it (as usual). Actually the car is getting better and has less vibration and noise. Another problem started though. I hear a water sloshing noise when I start. It does not happen early in the morning but when I go to work at 8ish, park all day and then when i get out of the parking lot on D, I hear the sloshing sound for like a second and its gone. Sounds like water splashing. I thought it was low on coolant but it is full. I am taking back to dealership this Wednesday to check out. May be air on the coolant line?

·
TN Senior Citizen
2011 Corolla S
164 Posts
The only things that could produce a sloshing sound that I am aware of is the coolant recovery tank contents, the washer bottle contents or gas sloshing around in the gas tank. Other than those three, I would be hard pressed to say what could produce a sound like that. Let us know what they find as I would be curious as well.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
When I took delivery of my car, there is a information tag attached to the gear knob.
It literary says,
" Approximately 5 hours after engine turned off you may hear a electric motor sound coming from the luggage compartment for several minutes. It's not a malfunction. It is the sound of a pump performing a fuel evaporation leakage check."
Could this be the sloshing sound you're hearing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok the noise is gone. The vibration is actually going away, no idea what it was. Toyota dealer said it could not find anything wrong. The sloshing noise is almost gone too. I hear it once a week may be. No idea what it was. I hate when there is no explanation to problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Egenesis,

Your vibration problem sounds very similar to the problem I had ... which the dealer fixed. I have a 2009 Corolla 1.8 L w/ auto trans. In case your problem comes back, I copied & pasted my solution below from my previous thread. Maybe it can be of help.

Hallelujah, my problem is fixed. Kudos to my Toyota dealer who didn't just write this off as "they all do that". They acknowledged the vibration and addressed it. They replaced the rear VVT-I gear. (This is the exhaust VVT gear.) When they inspected the car they had found excessive noise in the valve cover area when under load. This translated to the vibration I felt at 2700-2900 RPM. Not only did this repair get rid of the vibration at this RPM. It also completely eliminated the vibration at idle which I have heard attributed to it being a typical 4 cyl. engine. There is now no vibration at idle no matter what load I add to it (AC, electrical, etc.). A $500 repair covered under warranty for $0. Thanks to the pros. :thumbsup:

·
The random one
2010 Corolla CE
523 Posts
Hey Egenesis,

Your vibration problem sounds very similar to the problem I had ... which the dealer fixed. I have a 2009 Corolla 1.8 L w/ auto trans. In case your problem comes back, I copied & pasted my solution below from my previous thread. Maybe it can be of help.

Hallelujah, my problem is fixed. Kudos to my Toyota dealer who didn't just write this off as "they all do that". They acknowledged the vibration and addressed it. They replaced the rear VVT-I gear. (This is the exhaust VVT gear.) When they inspected the car they had found excessive noise in the valve cover area when under load. This translated to the vibration I felt at 2700-2900 RPM. Not only did this repair get rid of the vibration at this RPM. It also completely eliminated the vibration at idle which I have heard attributed to it being a typical 4 cyl. engine. There is now no vibration at idle no matter what load I add to it (AC, electrical, etc.). A $500 repair covered under warranty for $0. Thanks to the pros. :thumbsup:
I was keeping an eye on that, I have engine noise, sounds like knocking when then engine is under load, 70% to WOT around 1800 to 2200RPM. Was there any TSB number printed on your invoice? I'm wondering if it applies to 2010 models.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmmmm.... just great! Now along with my DFCO issue and hot radio, I need to freak out about engine vibrations and sloshing noises. And where can I get Nitrogen for my tires! :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
MiniPacou,
Sorry, no TSB. My vibration was specifically at 2600-2900 RPM which seemed to be a very common problem. The dealer acknowledged the vibration and fixed it. Your knocking may be different since it is not at the distinctive RPM range. Maybe someone else has some experience with that. I would start a new thread asking for help if I were you. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This engine noise might be a rattling baffle inside the intake manifold (rattle between 1800-2400rpm). This is due to a design flaw and a common sickness of plastic intake manifolds. This link may be helpful:

http://gorup-sinkovec.net/diy/rattling-noise-in-toyota-corolla-intake-manifold-solved/

I have the same problem but haven't tried this yet. I'm still trying to convince my dealer to replace the manifold under warranty. This one is very hard to prove with the dealers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello .i have a toyota corolla 2011 model..every day when i starting it..makes some rattling noise for a moment..and that noise will be coming back while on accelerationon the peak of each gear until 5th.On the 6 th gear,the said sound starting again on 80kms and after reaching 100kms/hr it will disappear(all between 2000 to 3000rpm).could you please help me to find out what problem this would be?thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts