Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Corolla S has been dropping RPMs when I come to a stop with the AC running like it's about to stall. I'm assuming this is when the clutch engages. I also notice my brake pedal drop a little. What could be the problem? Refrigerant level is normal, had it checked out at a shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idles at 800 rpm with ac off and and just under 800 with ac on in park. When driving on a hot day and the ac is on when I come to a stop it drops to maybe 500 to 600 rpm and feels like it will stall for a second.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,357 Posts
Verify if idle drop happens with foot on/off brake.
Hot day ac on in park foot off brake .

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,639 Posts
The AC compressor is working overtime and isn't spinning as fast as engine idle. I'd suggest to inspect your serpentine belt for slack.

·
Registered
30 Posts
"S" model would have the 1.8 liter engine. The PCV valve would be located on the valve cover....very close the the throttle body. You'll need a combination wrench to take off.
Actually you can just look it up in YouTube....under Corolla PCV replacement.....it takes all of 8 minutes to replace

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually you can just look it up in YouTube....under Corolla PCV replacement.....it takes all of 8 minutes to replace
Note....in the YouTube video....the guy takes the coil pack clips off......no need to as he was using a cresent wrench....just use a 19mm combo wrench and itll take you about 4 min to change out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Idles at 800 rpm with ac off and and just under 800 with ac on in park. When driving on a hot day and the ac is on when I come to a stop it drops to maybe 500 to 600 rpm and feels like it will stall for a second.
It happens the same to my 2013 Corolla S. If I shift the car to N, then the RPM go up again! I would try to replace the PVC valve but it does not show me any codes! If you change it let me know how it worked for you because I'm considering changing it as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts