Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fender flares on my wife's Double Cab have a smooth finsh just like the rest of the truck. When did Toyota start doing this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think so. Almost bought a Tacoma Sport in 2007. The flares were the color of the body but has a texture to them.

·
Premium Member
11 Tacoma DC TRD OR
1,892 Posts
Is it like a smooth glossy finish? I had a flare replaced and the shop messed it up and thought they could put on a second coat of paint and it turned out smooth and glossy like the truck. Could you get any pics up so we could see? I'd say it's either something new they're doing on the 11's or a flare was damaged and they painted all of them to match.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it like a smooth glossy finish? I had a flare replaced and the shop messed it up and thought they could put on a second coat of paint and it turned out smooth and glossy like the truck. Could you get any pics up so we could see? I'd say it's either something new they're doing on the 11's or a flare was damaged and they painted all of them to match.
I saw the truck right after it was unloaded from the transporter..before any dealer prep. All of the 2011's on my dealer's lot have smooth glossy flares....and it's about time.

By the way, this year the black is "Black", not "Black Sand Pearl".

·
Registered
182 Posts
My silver 05 is smooth, however my was build in Japan... 07+ was when the new factory was made in the US...

·
Registered
48 Posts
My silver 05 is smooth, however my was build in Japan... 07+ was when the new factory was made in the US...
The flares on my silver '05 are smooth, too, but my VIN doesn't start with a "J," so that means it was built in the US, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts