Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

With all the focus on small cars in the auto industry as of late, you might be surprised to learn that the truck and SUV segment is growing at a far more rapid pace. Sure it’s the result of a comparison with last year’s incredibly depressed sales numbers, but it’s also a return to normal.

For many folks, “normal” includes getting behind the wheel of something large and luxurious and you simply can’t get much larger or more luxurious than Infiniti’s new QX56.

BIG IS BEAUTIFUL

This is no crossover. Based on a truck platform the QX stretches 208-inches, is 79.9-inches wide and 75.8-inches tall. Put into perspective, when compared to an Escalade, it’s 6-inches longer and roughly an inch higher and wider. It’s unusual that at 6’1” I can’t see over a vehicle, and more unusual that I actually have to use the side steps to get into the thing.

Outside, it’s all bling with a massive chrome grille and muscular styling that’s still true to Infiniti’s design with plenty of swoopy curves. Also of note are the optional 22-inch forged wheels, the side gills lifted right off a commercial truck and the black A-pillars that extend the look of the windshield in the side windows. Without a doubt, this is the best looking full-sized luxury SUV on the planet. And that’s important.

Sure it’s a truck, but it’s also a luxury vehicle and that’s where this impressive new look plays such a crucial role. These vehicles are often bought for status reasons as much as for practicality, something that’s sure to help sales of the QX, while competitors roll out new models with such unimaginative redesigns that you can’t tell a new model from a six year old one.
More 2011 Infiniti QX56 Review at AutoGuide.com

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
They are pretty sweet, the interior is very large!!

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,737 Posts
The last sentence is a reminder of the new Sequoia. The QX is a huge vehicle. But the new one is even bigger. How much bigger can it get before it's considered an RV?

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Looks alright, the front headlights should be larger, that or the grill is far too big. Power seems nice.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
so they got their design inspiration from Moby Dick?

·
Save The Manuals
1999 Avalon XLS
1,837 Posts
Probably the best looking SUV I've seen by far. I'd much rather have this over a Cadillac Escalade, because Infiniti will actually retain their value. :lol:

I remember pulling up next to one of these the other day as I was driving the Tundra, and I thought to myself "Damn, it looks to be about the size of a bus".

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
old one looks nicer, but still a pretty neat truck ;)

but yeah, it's an RV alright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts