Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings.

current owner of a 2011 Mag Grey, 4x4.
Slowly working on it, turning it into what I want it to be, and not what people tell me. you know how that goes.

done / planned:

AVIC130BT
Tint
AFE intake
Fit Kit / PAC SWI-PS
Amplifiers (4 and 1 channel)
Tinted Tails
Shorty Antenna
Viper 5901 alarm system
Boston acoustics components Sr65, 60SE
Dynamat car kit
Steelies(FJ Style)
Weather tech mats - ordered
HID 6K Lows

HID 4K Fogs

Hella supertones
LEDs for gauges, buttons, and lights. ( I have LEDs of different colors.. still debating between blue, red and white for gauges/HVAC..)
leveling spacers
Crylon painted door handles.
catback exhaust - planned - Borla
nerfbars (stock ones are no good) - considering N Fab, and have a shop build me spacers..
Rear view camera / separate LCD for it.
Dual battery kit
Chrome delete
power folding mirrors

Started from this:

current:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting... I'm on tacomaforums and actually have a thread going with the mod
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/194043-2nd-gen-taco-4runner-heated-turn-signal-approach-lighting-power-fold-yes-wip.html
My theory is its just a motor mechanism in place of the big round pivot spring. we should be able to get the one from siennas to drop right in.
we will need the control box and switch for sure... another good thread http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/66-car-parts-sale/357260-fs-gen-3-camry-jdm-power-folding-mirrors.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up picking up some cheapo CF looking shortie from ebay.
Reception is fine.. but then, again, I rarely listen to radio anyway, so it was pretty low on my importance list.

Sky, interesting links.. I am going to have to go through them, look through the diagrams once my OT comes to the end, and I actually have time to do the research.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i like the tinting you put on your tail lights, what brand did you use?

and just wondering: what was your reason for switching to steelies? or are those winter tires?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey, thanks a lot.

Tails were tinted with a professional equipment, we used a dark paint, niteshade and a few other components (shop's owner is a friend, but was not willing to share his knowhow).

Steelies are wielding blizzaks, like you said, for the winter. I do like the look better, anyway. But now, that it is warm, i'm back to the OEMs.. Maybe, i'll get a permission to buy a new shoe set next year :)

Thanks for reminding me to update the thread, btw.

I have came up with an alternative spacer design, and have N-Fab steps mounted, and functional.

·
Registered
8 Posts
awesome news about the nFAB spacers, i was looking at running boards from deezee, and it seemed like the only option .. over on t4r.org, theres someone (i forget who) making 1/4 steel spacers for the nFab set but if theres a cheaper DIY option that functions well im all ears :)

yea i saw a few videos of nightshade in action and i think i can get the desired effect with two very light coats. thanks a lot foques, looking forward to the update! (just bought pretty much the same babe you have, but 2012)

·
Registered
8 Posts
damn.. sorry about the delay. been hella busy :(

Here are some pictures..

That design seems to cost about 150$ to build. :|
hmm, yea i guess working with that thick steel is expensive.. :l

ive decided to go with n fabs but im going to just remove the rocker and/or cut it.. thanks for the pictures anyway..
sheeesh i really like your taillights.. seems like its about two light coats of nightshade.. looks great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New things coming up..
GOBI is getting installed on the 20th.
SR8 gunmetal wheels wrapped in KO2s in next few weeks.
behind grille LED bar
3500K HID fog light update.

TRD Pro front.. depending on how my wedding planning/upcoming shoots go :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts