Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.
So I tried my friend's B18C VTEC Integra last night and when I went to bed I was thinking about ''Putting a VTEC on my 2AR-FE tC2''.
Of course that is impossible.

Then I went and did some research and then I learned about the VVTLI.

So I got two questions,

Would I get a better kick with an LI or with a Dual?

And then, if the LI is better, then would it be a simple fit on the 2AR-FE if I swapped it, just like a honda, or am I just making false hopes in my head?

·
2,657 Posts
Your tC2 is already dual VVT-i(intake and exhaust cam are both independently adjustable) so I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "dual?"

VVTL-i isn't just something you can swap in, and unfortunately, there's not a VVTL-i 2.5 engine out there.

·
2,657 Posts
Neither one is "better."

They are two completely different systems.

If you're looking for the "kick" that you get at 6800 RPM (on the VVTL-i) then you need to ask yourself, "How much time am I going to spend with my engine revved above that RPM?"

Dual VVTi is more efficient(and powerful) as it can adjust both intake and exhaust at All RPM ranges.
VVTL-i is only on the Intake Cam and the "L" is only something that really takes effect at super high RPMs.

If you've never driven a car with VVTL-i, and you want to compare it to VTEC, you'll be disappointed.

In My Opinion, if you're looking for that "bump" feeling you get with Honda VTEC, You'll have to get a Honda or Acura.

There is no adding "L" to your engine.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Neither one is "better."

They are two completely different systems.

If you're looking for the "kick" that you get at 6800 RPM (on the VVTL-i) then you need to ask yourself, "How much time am I going to spend with my engine revved above that RPM?"

Dual VVTi is more efficient(and powerful) as it can adjust both intake and exhaust at All RPM ranges.
VVTL-i is only on the Intake Cam and the "L" is only something that really takes effect at super high RPMs.

If you've never driven a car with VVTL-i, and you want to compare it to VTEC, you'll be disappointed.

In My Opinion, if you're looking for that "bump" feeling you get with Honda VTEC, You'll have to get a Honda or Acura.

There is no adding "L" to your engine.
"VTEC just kicked in!" they are all just a form of variable valve timing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, thanks, guys, you answered my questions.

I will be keeping the dual as my tC cuts off at 6200, so yeah, no use for the VVTLI eheh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts