Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am have trouble finding where water is getting in. I have a 2011 Sequoia platinum. The truck started to smell and we just noticed after the last two rain storms the 3 row carpet on the drivers side get soaked and moves down to the 2nd row floor. This happens when the truck is parked and we do park on a hill facing down. I checked the sunroof but all drains are clear. The back cargo area is dry. The window in the 3rd row/ cargo area doesnt open and the plastic panels are dry after a rain. Any ideas where to look? Could this be coming in from in between the plastic panel on the driver side rear? Does that panel come off to check if leak is there?
thanks in advance
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I am have trouble finding where water is getting in. I have a 2011 Sequoia platinum. The truck started to smell and we just noticed after the last two rain storms the 3 row carpet on the drivers side get soaked and moves down to the 2nd row floor. This happens when the truck is parked and we do park on a hill facing down. I checked the sunroof but all drains are clear. The back cargo area is dry. The window in the 3rd row/ cargo area doesnt open and the plastic panels are dry after a rain. Any ideas where to look? Could this be coming in from in between the plastic panel on the driver side rear? Does that panel come off to check if leak is there?
thanks in advance
Steve
I also had a leak in my '16 Limited (see my post). The service dept poured water on my rear hatch with a hose and found 3 leaks. The hatch gasket was bad in 2 spots and the rubber gasket above the hatch (behind the roof antennae) where the wiring goes into the hatch had become loose. The spoiler also became loose and 2 clips had to be replaced. The water collected under the rear floor storage box and created a mold spot. I have had the leaks repaired, mold remediated and am trying to find a piece of replacement matting material for under the box. Anyone know where I can find it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.