Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I recently purchased and installed an Alpine CDA 9887 in my 2011 Toyota Camry SE. The head unit sound quality is good but there is no denying the fact that it is very underpowered. Thus I opted for the Alpine KTP 445 Power Pack because of the easy install. Thus let the problems begin!

1)I installed the Power Pack as the instruction said. However no sound came from the HU. Then I remembered I had grounded the remote turn on blue/white wire as it did not go into the Camrys factory harness. I do not have the JBL. For experimental purposes I ungrounded the Blue/white remote turn on wire from the Alpine CDA 9887 harness and spliced it into the blue power ant wire on the car harness. This did in fact give me power and sounds. However the manual said do not use blue power antenna lead to turn on an amp. My question is where can I put this remote turn on wire as they dont fit in our factory harness. I am confused were can the amp get power from? Can I just leave the blue/white from Alpine into cars power antenna connection. Does the power antenna connection go off once the car is off? I dont need the amp running when the car is off.

Also some pics of my harness. Everything went perfect there is just no place for the remote wire harness.

Thanks in advance!

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7906/20101016115853.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/674/20101016115927.jpg

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
FOr my amp install i used the power outlet in the center console as a remote..just taped into it with a wire spliter

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!

I dont know how to do that let alone start cutting into wires I dont know anything about. I have a feeling that the Remote Turn on should be spliced into the factory Power Antenna blue wire. Someone on another forum said usually that is what factory systems do. Does that make any sense?

·
270hp = Happy Foot
1,123 Posts
you can also splice it into the yellow wire which is the accessory turn on wire

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just spliced into the power antenna wire of the car. As of now it is doing great. Nothing is on fire and the car starts like normal. The Alpine HU and Amp combo really sound great. The tuning really makes it sound amazing. Pure sound and clarity even with the stock speakers. All and all it sounds great you guys should give this HU a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts