Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a brand new 2011 tundra crew max i bought 4 week ago now. i picked it up on saturday afternoon and went to take some building materials back to lowes on sunday afternoon.........the tailgate ripped apart at the seems on both sides. has any one here had a problem with urs. i know the 2007 had a big problem with this, after searchin online of course. toyota wont fix it either. how do we buy a truck in texas where we work our trucks and they fall apart within 24 hrs from buying it. ive owned many trucks in the past and have never been so disappointed. toyota claims to be strong tough and dependable........and they claim to always stand behind their trucks but all i see is them running away from a serious problem. i didnt even have hardly any wait in it. ive read others say the had about 200 pounds on their gate and it ripped open. hell i weigh 240 myself so does that mean i cant sit on my gate or stand up on it to load. someone help here if you've encountered my problem please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i went to the dealer first they called corporate and denied the claim....then i called toyota and they said they had 3 engineers look at it and it was not a warrant issue......seriously my tailgate ripped open like a can the 2nd day i had it. now i dont know which way to go with this. who to talk to or whatever

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
I'm going to suggest a different dealer. See what they say. When you go there, tell them what happened.

Why did Toyota say it wasn't a warranty issue? Did they say you 'abused' it, or intentionally broke it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt get an actual explanation....i told corp i wanted the papers from whoever looked at it from their offices and they said the dealer would have it there. i then called and told the dealer i was coming this am to get it and needed all the paperwork on it. they said they would have it. when i got there it was just the reg service form statin that this person visually inspected it and determined it was not a warranty issue. they even had written that my gate was in the up position instead of the down position. when i told him he had the info wrong he said they knew the gate was down when they looked at it

·
Stupid is stupid does
5,554 Posts
total BS. I hope they replace it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya my 2010 Tundra tailgate folded in half the first time I tried to load my snow machine into the back of my truck. Guess your not supposed to use the tailgate for anything besides opening and closing it to place groceries on it. Never again will I buy another Tundra after buying two in 2 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts