Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm holding off on purchasing until the 2011's are out. I've been told they went into production this week (week of 10/4/2010). However, specific changes have yet to be released. I suspect a press release will be out later this month.

Here's what I'm hoping for (ranked by likelihood, the top being most likely):

- More color options
- Memory seats
- Upgraded NAV and/or Stereo
- Heated and cooled Seats
- Ability to have both the Panoramic Roof and the Roof Rails

I'd love to get the perspective of existing owners on what you'd like to see....

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The biggest thing for me is the memory seats, I really wish the Venza had them.

I also wish you could get heated cloth seats.

Blinkers in the side mirrors would be nice as well.

·
Registered
2010 Venza, 2007 MDX
143 Posts
How about an SE version similar to the Sienna? Get us a better grille, sport seats, and bigger, cross drilled brakes.

Add memory seats, a bigger gas tank, and 300 hp, and I'll be the first one in line!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Memory seats
Side mirror signals
LED Tail lights, signal lights
+1
-Add power passenger seats
-Get rid of the 80s antenna
-HIDs should be standard

·
Registered
2015 Highlander
28 Posts
The biggest thing for me is the memory seats, I really wish the Venza had them.

I also wish you could get heated cloth seats.

Blinkers in the side mirrors would be nice as well.
Memory mirrors as well as memory seats

Get rid of the restrictions on passengers using the navigation system (possibly supply a remote control?)

Blind spot monitoring would be nice

Improve side mirrors to provide additional field of vision (possibly include a dual mirror system that provides both regular and wide angle views)

Cooled seats would be nice

Not sure about blinkers in side mirrors, trying to understand what value they add. I already track if my blinkers are on. Think that a simple light on the side of the vehicle linked to blinkers would provide sufficient indicatyion for cars alongside (possibly they would cost as much?)

Improved sound deadening!!!!!!!

Improved quality (my Venza has creaking center console that Toyota wont fix).

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd like the following:

- Std heated seats (not just leather)
- Rear seats that slide fwd or backward (sometimes trunk space is more important than rear leg room - some competitors already have this feature)
- optional integrated child/baby seats (great for grandparents who only need them occassionally)
- tray in wheel well to hold/hide stuff (if Honda can find room for one in a Fit...)
- option for smaller (17" or 18") wheels with soft & quiet running tires (I like my 20" rims with Michelins, but I can see that lots of forum members find the ride too jigglely).

·
Registered
609 Posts
My wish is not for more "stuff" at all. I wish they would work on fit and finish BEFORE they start worrying about the "stuff" they want to add. The "stuff" is nice, but I know what people are talking about when they mention toyota quality issues. I am not a whiner by any means, but will speak frankly to fellow toyota owners. I should mention that our venza is garage kept and has never seen rain or water from a hose. I clean it with prolong waterless car wash and I use turtle wax ice each month. The car is not misused or abused.
Our venza's sticker was more than 60 percent higher than the 2000 accord and about $5k more than the 2007 mustang GT. NEITHER of the other cars has ever had a rattle to this very day. The venza has leather seats that are nicer than the camry, but that is about it. They are nothing to write home about and I don't think they are as nice as our friend's 2007 camry XLE leather seats. The cheap, hard plastic throughout the car is ridiculous. We've had the venza in 3 times for the back hatch rattle (we live about an hour from the nearest toyota dealership). The last time we had it in (just like the first two) we were told it was fixed and immediately on leaving the dealership it rattled (like the previous two times). THEN they had a "master" technician look at it and he moved the rear latch and the problem was fixed... for about a week. We were told the console between the front seats would be the same as what we have in it now - and it rattles/squeeks if you put an elbow on it. They could not duplicate the rattle in the front passenger door and I failed to mention the dash rattle (my bad). Our front dash now rattles not just in front of the driver, but from left to right. Both front door panels now rattle. There are other rattles in the back, but I'm not sure where they are and can't really ask anyone because nobody has ever ridden in the back seat to listen for them. At 53, I have owned a lot of cars in my life - some were real clunkers (thinking back to my college days), but I've never owned anything that rattled like this. The interior of our venza is what I would expect from an econobox, NOT a car costing more than $30k. The 6 cyl is fine and runs quiet. Transmission shifts smoothly. All the stuff with the premium package works fine. But the fit and finish / quality of materials used in the interior is totally unacceptable for a car within $10k of this price. So my wish is that they would stop using inferior quality materials before they worry about what "stuff" to add - i.e., get the basics taken care of before you look to add anything else.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My wish is not for more "stuff" at all. I wish they would work on fit and finish BEFORE they start worrying about the "stuff" they want to add. The "stuff" is nice, but I know what people are talking about when they mention toyota quality issues. I am not a whiner by any means, but will speak frankly to fellow toyota owners. I should mention that our venza is garage kept and has never seen rain or water from a hose. I clean it with prolong waterless car wash and I use turtle wax ice each month. The car is not misused or abused.
Our venza's sticker was more than 60 percent higher than the 2000 accord and about $5k more than the 2007 mustang GT. NEITHER of the other cars has ever had a rattle to this very day. The venza has leather seats that are nicer than the camry, but that is about it. They are nothing to write home about and I don't think they are as nice as our friend's 2007 camry XLE leather seats. The cheap, hard plastic throughout the car is ridiculous. We've had the venza in 3 times for the back hatch rattle (we live about an hour from the nearest toyota dealership). The last time we had it in (just like the first two) we were told it was fixed and immediately on leaving the dealership it rattled (like the previous two times). THEN they had a "master" technician look at it and he moved the rear latch and the problem was fixed... for about a week. We were told the console between the front seats would be the same as what we have in it now - and it rattles/squeeks if you put an elbow on it. They could not duplicate the rattle in the front passenger door and I failed to mention the dash rattle (my bad). Our front dash now rattles not just in front of the driver, but from left to right. Both front door panels now rattle. There are other rattles in the back, but I'm not sure where they are and can't really ask anyone because nobody has ever ridden in the back seat to listen for them. At 53, I have owned a lot of cars in my life - some were real clunkers (thinking back to my college days), but I've never owned anything that rattled like this. The interior of our venza is what I would expect from an econobox, NOT a car costing more than $30k. The 6 cyl is fine and runs quiet. Transmission shifts smoothly. All the stuff with the premium package works fine. But the fit and finish / quality of materials used in the interior is totally unacceptable for a car within $10k of this price. So my wish is that they would stop using inferior quality materials before they worry about what "stuff" to add - i.e., get the basics taken care of before you look to add anything else.
I second "Fit and Finish" quality improvement. In the Venza owner survey, I rated the quality of fit and finish at the bottom of the barrel.

I also second the Side Mirror Blinker because nobody can see or want to stare at the blinker directly next to the head light.

More sound insulation would be nice too.

·
Registered
'16 Highlander LTD
533 Posts
1. Reprogram the ATC so when the A/C is off, the ATC won't go into "recirculate"
2. More sound insulation and/or a quieter tire.
3. Speaking of tires, how about one that's rated better than 300 for treadware.
4. The power passenger seat should be mounted lower, or add the power up/down. 6' 2" passengers have little headroom with sunroof.
5. Redesign the speed control switch so it's lighted when head lights are on.
6. Add a "tab" so a rear seat passenger has something to "grab" when trying to pull down the rear seat center armrest. It's impossible for a female with fingernails, as it's a snug fit in the upright position.

·
Registered
34 Posts
* Memory on power seat
* Better fightment of dashboard elements. When you really start looking closely, the factory should really be embarrassed of the quality. At least the exterior fitment seems to be flawless.
* Use of less cheap looking plastic around dashboard, doors, and overhead compartment. Got used to it over time but was a turn off during purchase
* More sound deadening material. Especially around the doors, more so around the bottom of the rear doors but hard to tell where exactly most of the road noise is coming from
* Shorter throw on the brakes. Depress too far to stop and find myself creeping forward at stop lights until I got used to the brake pedal.
* Less aggressive return to center of the steering wheel during a slow turn ~10mph. After almost completing a turn, let go of the steering wheel and the steering wheel want's to "snap" back to center thus jerking the car into a straight line in an abrupt manner. Took some getting used to. Be careful if you try this.
* Side blinkers would be nice but I do not give these much thought
* Ability to disable Nav and bluetooth "safety feature"
* Bigger gas tank.
* Better voice recognition for unknown Nav commands. Asked to "find reststop" and the Nav changed to XM2 channel.

·
Registered
2009 Venza 2017 Tund
368 Posts
wth.. Your dealer can reprogram your Venza's computer to make the recirculate button entirely manual. Thereby you can personally control whether your system is on recirculate or not. You can leave it on recirculate until fogging starts then switch it to outside air. We had it done on ours and it makes the whole system work better. Just imagine the thrill, in this day and age, of actually having personal control of anything. Mind bending pressure to have control--- Not sure if we can handle it. To address this thread directly.. I don't think we have anything much for a wish list. More features simply cost more money. Maybe more sound deading material. Basically we are simply very happy with our 09 I4 Bronze Venza. Wyovenza

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't want to see any changes to the 2011 Venza. It might make me want to trade my 2009 in! And I am not ready to, as it isn't even a year old yet! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lots of chatter on this one already, but a factory wheel package with 17" wheels is my biggest wish - the looks of those 20's are great, but I'm on gravel roads lots and I'd be happier with more sidewall.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up a 2011 Brochure from a local dealer this weekend. Other than the lowered MPG ratings, I don't see any differences between the 2011's and 2010's. So, those who wished for no changes, that wish has been granted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last night I went on to toyota.com and did a 'live chat' with a toyota rep. I asked two questions.

Q 1. When will the 2011 models start showing up in the dealers lots?
A 1. Early October....so I guess the 2011s are already in.

Q 2. Will memory seat be an option on the 2011 Venza?
A 2. No.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just spoke with customer service. The only change they see on the 2011 is the addition of the "smart break" system (break override).

I guess I'll try to make a deal on a 2010!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts