Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the time has come to make a build thread. I bought my camry July 16 2013 so almost 2 years.

Modd So Fars
Viper 5904v Remote and Security System W/Glass,Shock and Invisibeam Field disturbance Sensors + Optional Auto Lock after 30 sec
TRD license Frame and bolts
LED Reverse and License Plate bulb
LED Parking lamp
LED DRLS
Debadged
Blacked out Emblems
Rear Roof spoiler
Ez lip
50w 6k TRS Morimoto Low Beam and Fog lights
Independent fog light MOD with Factory switch
Weapon R I throttle
E Scangauge
Camry Strut Bar

Waiting to sign the papers

Home 100% stock

Another day out

Front View- First Modd TRD license frame and Bolts

LED license Plate Bulbs

LED reverse Bulbs- There aren't actually that bright, slightly dimmer than stock but look way better. I need brighter ones

Some water pic- The water was really deep. My friends honda pilot almost started floated away.

Tints I believe It was 15% rear and 30% on the fronts. Only had them for a month before I got pulled over and the cop slapped me with 3 summon( Front tints, Rear tints and for driving after dark- limitation on Junior license)

More to come soon

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Last summer this lady decided to make a left turn before the traffic could go first. I didn't see her because a truck was blocking my view until it was too late. Nothing big, but this started all the mods

Some pics after the body work
-Repaint front bumper
-Fill license plate holes
-Correct some scrapes and one hole under bumper
-Black front and rear emblems
-Trunk respray and dent fix (I backed into a table :facepalm:)

Bought This EZ lip off ebay, in hope to prevent the new body work from any scrapes. A year later and I have only scraped it once but the lip saved it 100%. But I have to admit the camry is very high

Used tape to see how it would look

Final fit - I got bored one day and decided to take the air out of the front two tires

Gas Station Pic

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bought a roof spoiler off of ebay. Paint job matched but the spoiler had waves in it.

Test fit

Held it down with tape for the first day and baked in the sun

Decided to take all the wheels off and clean them. They had heavy brake dust from previous owner. Ill probably do this again this summer

LED DRLs and Parking lights

Plastic dipp rear spoiler- Paint later this summer, Hopefully

TRS 50w 6k low and Fogs

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Independent fog light with Factory Stalk

Bought a spare headlight off ebay, Baked open and sprayed black

Before Shots

After

Took the bulb from my dad van and kind of set it in the headlight to see the output- I tryed to fix the cut off

Strut bar- Handles much better in turns. Can't wait to get more

Got Weapon R installed- Definitely worth every penny

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lookin good! What LED lights are you using? Seem to be holding up pretty well?
Thanks! I bought the DRL,reverse and license plate off amazon and ebay. The parking bulb I bought off super bright leds.com I have no problems with them so far and they match my HIDs so im happy. Eventually I want to convert my inside to all LEDs but Im spending in other parts of the car right now. Same thing with my mats, i have been meaning to buy weather tech liners since i bought it :grin:

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
+1 which company did you go with for the DRL's and switchbacks and what headlight housing did you buy
Looked through my inbox and found my ebay DRLS. I think I bought the last the seller ( precisionleds305 ) was selling so ebay sent me to this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251215950406?lpid=82&chn=ps

On the 2010-2011 the parking lamp and turn signal are two different bulbs, so no need for a switch back. You could benefit from it as the 07-09 have the same bulb.

I bought a OEM SE headlight for $90 on ebay, baked it open sprayed it black and resealed. I also attempted to fix the cut off.

I plan to take the blacked out headlight and open it again. This time i want to tint the clear part of the headlight slightly maybe 50% so i can get a smoked look.
Clear part of headlight

·
Registered
09 camry se
161 Posts
I don't know how to start a meet unless you know one that is going on in the tritate. Maybe we can organize something I know back in the day on Wednesdays there used to be car meets off the belt by the toys r us in the lot. I like the idea with the headlights looking to do something similar and maybe do a retro fit but the cars on hold im modding my bike at the moment.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know how to start a meet unless you know one that is going on in the tritate. Maybe we can organize something I know back in the day on Wednesdays there used to be car meets off the belt by the toys r us in the lot. I like the idea with the headlights looking to do something similar and maybe do a retro fit but the cars on hold im modding my bike at the moment.

Maybe a park thats open really late. Canarsie pier has a nice lot and open until 2 am. But i think we need to have a permit.

http://www.nyharborparks.org/visit/capi.html

·
Registered
09 camry se
161 Posts

Maybe a park thats open really late. Canarsie pier has a nice lot and open until 2 am. But i think we need to have a permit.

http://www.nyharborparks.org/visit/capi.html

Caesars bay shopping plaza has meets all the time no issues its right off the belt I know where Canarsie peir is but they might Harras us. My friend is going to an Infiniti meet there tonight I'll see how it goes if it's a good spot I'll make a post and try to get some people out there and clean up my car. Here's the address it has a best buy td bank five guys toys r us a Wendy's. Sorry to thread jack I'll make a new thread tomorrow lol

8949 Bay Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11214

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Finally got my rims installed

Specs are

Wheel Brand:TSW Wheels
Wheel Model:Nurburgring
Wheel Color:Gunmetal
Wheel Diameter:19"
Wheel Width:8"
Wheel Offset:35
Wheel Weight:20.5
Wheel Construction: Rotary Forged

Tires
BridgeStone Potenza S-04 Pole Position (Max Performance Summer)
245/35R19 93Y

Its hard to notice but at that time I had no center caps. I installed today but had no space on my phone to take a pic.
The car drives a lot better. I havent pushed it much, im breaking in the tires. But from what I noticed the steering wheel is noticeably heavier which I like, feels more sporty. Also when im changing lanes the body roll has significantly decreased, i cant wait to ripp it. It handles bumps better as well.

·
Premium Member
Lexus IS350
2,409 Posts
I kinda like the rims. You got any side shots of the car? Curious if the car is lowered, or if you needed some spacers or anything.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I kinda like the rims. You got any side shots of the car? Curious if the car is lowered, or if you needed some spacers or anything.
Thanks. Ill get side pics soon. Kind of raining a lot over here. Im not lowered...yet, thinking H&R springs.And i don't have any spacers (I may go with 5 mm later, not because they rub, just because I want it to poke out a bit) nor did i modified anything, just used the centering ring the rims came with and slapped it on there. Only thing was the stock lugs didn't fit so I had to buy new lugs and a new lock.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought a heap of stuff from weathertech

TechShade Windshield Sun Shade
Front and Rear FloorLiner DigitalFit
Cargo Liner
TechCare FloorLiner and FloorMat Cleaner/Protector - KIT

Everything fits really well. The windshield sun shade fits like a seconds windshield, unlike the universal fit one I had before that just covered the majority of the windshield. The second row I wish the side were a little taller and stretched under the seat more, but the cargo and fronts fit perfect.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.