Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm trying to run a load test on the OEM battery but can't find the Cold Cranking Amps on the original battery. Yes this is the original battery so more than likely it is on it's last leg. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,760 Posts
Hi All,

I'm trying to run a load test on the OEM battery but can't find the Cold Cranking Amps on the original battery. Yes this is the original battery so more than likely it is on it's last leg. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Looks like 530 CCA

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
92 Posts
How much do new Toyota TrueStart batteries go for nowadays? I keep getting mixed numbers each time I look.

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
92 Posts
Yikes, and I thought my Motorcraft battery that I bought for my Crown Vic was a lot at $140 - and that one made 850 CCA.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,760 Posts
This is the part they want you to fall for:
  • The exceptional 84-Month Warranty!
  • 24-month FREE Replacement.
  • 60-month proration in a simple two-tier priced plan.
  • Includes Towing and Installation Labor.*
  • Coast-to-Coast warranty service at more than 1,200 locations!

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
92 Posts
The Motorcraft had a 100 month pro-rated warranty, 3 year free replacement, and it still cost less while making more cranking amps, both cold and normal. $170+ for not as good of a warranty or cranking amps is a joke.

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
92 Posts
^^That would be the one to go with, they have a 3 year free replacement, and make a lot more CCA than the stock TrueStart battery. Plus the warranty is good at any O’Reilly location.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

$103..... Sometimes on sale

Usually my batteries are tired after 4 years. I replace every 4 and dont worry about warranties or other silly marketing.

Another affordable choice:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
This is the part they want you to fall for:
  • The exceptional 84-Month Warranty!
  • 24-month FREE Replacement.
  • 60-month proration in a simple two-tier priced plan.
  • Includes Towing and Installation Labor.*
  • Coast-to-Coast warranty service at more than 1,200 locations!
Most "Gold" level batteries from auto stores have a 36 month free replacement warranty, and an additional 24 months of prorated warranty.

·
Premium Member
2012 Camry SE
1,109 Posts
This might just be some voodoo in the family, but it was something my dad always told me as a kid. He said to replace your batteries every 3-4 years. You don't want an old battery stressing your alternator. It's a lot easier and cheaper to change out a battery than changing an alternator down the road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts