Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1199 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well perhaps this has been posted before... perhaps not... Definitely news to me! Came up on one of my random searches.

All I can say is wow... And I thought the Gen 6 was aggressive... Not sure if I can see Toyota going this far with the Camry but props to them if they do.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/08/0821_art_center/source/9.htm

"2012 Toyota Camry: Everyday Extraordinary

This is a next-generation proposal based on the current Camry package. The goal is to raise Camry's image as a value alternative of luxury cars. This car features an upscale exterior that expresses power and energy with Japanese overtones. The front has a grille-less design to help differentiate it from Lexus cars, while animated headlights and horizontal graphics add a sense of width. The body side features a scalloped section and a bone line that continues through the back with taillight graphics. It's a realistic proposal—all exterior dimensions are no more than 20mm off the current Camry and the front end complies with pedestrian safety measures."

·
Posting via iPhone/iPad
1,117 Posts
That is pure hot, I love it. The back window needs to be smooth out with more of a curve, but other than that, yum. I love the lights. And those body lines, :licklips:.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My opinion, I like it, the reason I bought my 2007 SE V6 was because the Camry is far from the blandmobile it used to be, with a more aggressive body and a powerful engine.

This new body is more fitting for the 6-speed V6 power the Camry now has, all it needs now is a true manual 6 speed transmission. But with such agressive looks its sure to scare off some of the older crowd it once dominated, which is why I find it tough to see them going with such a radical design, but I sure as hell hope they do.

I love the grilleless front, and I don't mind the lights at all, the front as a whole is very clean yet agressive and modern. The body creases are nice if not slightly overkill. With some slight revisions here and there, this looks to make the Camry a true sports sedan in looks and power.

That being said I still love my 6th gen Camry SE and the only real problem I have with its looks is the front emblem protruding out and onto the grille and the rather bland profile, the redesign definitely corrects both of these.

·
Sedan Life
5,115 Posts
wow! very bold and futureistic for the camry....ill prob be in line to buy one
its neat to see that theyre driving upmarket with the camry

·
Support Authenticity!!!
2,675 Posts
it looks too americanized. while it certainly is a bold design, it has a likeness of ford or chevy or cadillac concept vehicles. taking a look at the body, roof line, wheel and fender areas and covering the toyota logo up front, it's easy to guess it's something else than a toyota.

if they are trying to move it to an alternative to the lexus luxury cars, they sure succeeded in making it something toyota wouldn't build. it looks too bland to really be an alternative for a luxury car. when coming to the point of making it appear more sporty, it sure does look a lot peppier than the gen6, and definitely more than the past generations too.

personally, it just gives me more reason to not get another toyota and move up to lexus instead.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
That is frickin hot, I love it! But knowing Toyota's history, it will never happen. My guess is that it will probably turn into a Lexus model or something...

The front and sides kinda look like a BMW... Reminds me of the Z4 a little.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is not an actual Toyota concept, but rather a digital model/rendering of a Toyota Camry by a car design student from Art Center College of Designin Pasadena, CA. This Design school has produced some of the worlds best designers.. How do I know this? Let's just say...I KNOW.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
This is not an actual Toyota concept, but rather a digital model/rendering of a Toyota Camry by a car design student from Art Center College of Designin Pasadena, CA. This Design school has produced some of the worlds best designers.. How do I know this? Let's just say...I KNOW.
I can vouch for that because I know a guy that has an older brother that designed the Hummer H2 and he came from that school. All I can say is, the H2 was pretty awesome when it first came out, now it's bleh.

1 - 20 of 1199 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
169 Participants
pnificense
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing