Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1199 Posts

·
2014 Avalon Hybrid
216 Posts
Why havent we seen it yet? Are the waiting til 2013 and doing a six year run like the last corolla?? Remember how early we got to see the 2007? I think I found spy shots in early 05. I actually got to be one of the first people in my area to drive the hybrid, now I own one :) looovvvveeee that car and can't wiat for this next one. Please keep us posted

·
CAMRY is my livelihood...
352 Posts
^^Yeah, yeah. Just preference and too, once a lease is up... Aside from that I like the current Camry, but you're right, I won't own one and I can only explain why once it comes out. Kinda like why I have a Camry and a BMW, I love the 3's but it's just not for me. Only 2 more months and I will be able to better explain my choice. Lol

·
Streaker
1,802 Posts
Too early to judge without seeing the rear end styling. The Accord Coupe looks good from the front and side but the rear taillight treatment kills the whole look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, about the new gen camry...

Since the other 2012 camry thread has been closed...

So, I was wondering, KYcamrymaker, I found these pictures from some forum and this person who claims that he has seen the next gen camry. I'm assuming he's a worker at the plant since he swears he's seen it but since he can't post actual photo, he created these mock up pictures off of current gen camry photos pointing out key styles of new camry..

I know everyone has seen this hideous rear view mock up

I don't know if the rear is close to the one on production model or not but this other photo showing front view is interesting one...

Okay okay, I know it's pretty obvious that it's poorly done and everything but he's got some point I think. Front design looks pretty much in line with how new gen Corolla is too. I wasn't gonna make it too big of a deal until I found this photo today....

So I hear this one is going to be Next generation Camry Hybrid model in Japan. Only hybrid though. They say launch date for this will be on October 2011. Looks like the headlight is that of one on Venza and the front grill seems to be very similar to the mock up pic that the person created...

So, KYcamrymaker, is this it? Is this the Camry that we've been waiting for? Is it the one you've seen in the plant? Please tell me that I'm dead wrong and that Hybrid model is nowhere close to the new camry that's coming out this fall in US.

But if it is though, it make sense why you went for 2011 Camry and also how you said even though it might not be your cup of tea but how it can grow on people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good thing.. erm I mean too bad the production model will look hardly like the concept.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nope...but that's not a very bad looking car. Curious as to know what that really is though.
I like it but I think it's a bit over the top for the average Camry buyer.
I was at the NY Show and the Toyota Rep said the Camry will now be unveiled in Sept.

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
Interesting. I wonder how that will affect getting the actual car on dealer lots, since originally we were supposed to see them in September.

·
Registered
262 Posts
41 - 60 of 1199 Posts