Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1199 Posts

·
CAMRY is my livelihood...
352 Posts
i miss your words of knowledge, KYcamrymaker, because I know you have experienced the new camry and love listening to all of our gripes and guesses. i was disappointed that the old '12 camry forum was closed, because i missed hearing your "clues". do u have any updates on when it should be unveiled after it not showing up in ny???
Well with the tragedy in Japan, it did threaten the launch of the new gen at first, thus a no show. When it will be unveiled, is truely beyond me this time, but it will be out this fall. The showrooms should be seeing it arrive around mid-late August at the earliest. It's been awhile since I've been on here, just keeping busy and haven't had much time. I look forward to helping out others with issues or how to's with their new Camrys. Hope it's with more of the how to's rather than issues though. Lol:thumbsup:

·
CAMRY is my livelihood...
352 Posts
Yeah lets hope so, because the laws won't allow a 2013 to be released before April of the year before. Talk about a delayed launch...

·
Registered
41 Posts
KYCAMRYMAKER can you tell us, or do you know if the trunk will be bigger on the 2012 THC? I would think in a redesign, that the battery's position could be changed to avoid taking up 5 cubic feet of space. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
KYCAMRYMAKER can you tell us, or do you know if the trunk will be bigger on the 2012 THC? I would think in a redesign, that the battery's position could be changed to avoid taking up 5 cubic feet of space. Thanks.

If Toyota would use lithium batteries like Hyundai there would be less weight,more power and maybe more space.:disappoin

·
2014 Avalon Hybrid
216 Posts
The current TCH has a sufficient pass through... It seems minute in the big picture, but to me, its really important. My surfboard fits in there, and my passenger (front and two rear) are unaffected. This feature is, believe or not, what turned me off most about the es350. The increase in cost with insurance and payment, plus the loss of the hybrid feel wasn't enough to stop me, but the inability to bring my surfboard or fishing pole or whatever really bothered me, and I decided to hold of for the 2012. So hopefully, kycamrymaker, you can confirm it will still have a decent passthrough.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
:lol: have you seen all the sonata hybrid reviews?
Not really.I don't have interest in a Sonata hybrid.
I do have interest in the lithium batteries that the Prius will have in '12 and in '12 or '13 Fusions.
The Fusion has more power and better MPGs at 41 vs Camry's 35 now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
:lol: have you seen all the sonata hybrid reviews?
What, that it's cheaper, more powerful and gets better gas mileage than the Camry Hybrid? Aside from some tweaking needed in the transitioning between the gas/electric, I'd say they're off to a good start, especially since they didn't license their hybrid tech from Toyota the way almost everyone else does.

·
2014 Avalon Hybrid
216 Posts
Not really.I don't have interest in a Sonata hybrid.
I do have interest in the lithium batteries that the Prius will have in '12 and in '12 or '13 Fusions.
The Fusion has more power and better MPGs at 41 vs Camry's 35 now.
My camry hybrid gets an average of 40. Also, I drove the Sonota hybrid. Didnt like it. It felt cheap for lack of better terms

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My camry hybrid gets an average of 40. Also, I drove the Sonota hybrid. Didnt like it. It felt cheap for lack of better terms

I don't baby the hybrid and hypermile and get 35-36 average which is good enough for me.
I prefer the quiet,softer ride of the Camry over the Fusion and probably the Sonata hybrid.

Honda is using lithium batteries in the Civic.

·
Millions &millions served
8,078 Posts
What, that it's cheaper, more powerful and gets better gas mileage than the Camry Hybrid? Aside from some tweaking needed in the transitioning between the gas/electric, I'd say they're off to a good start, especially since they didn't license their hybrid tech from Toyota the way almost everyone else does.
it better be better than the Camry in every way since the hyundai just came out :lol:

·
2013 Tacoma
612 Posts
OMG don't say that about a hyundai nowadays or you will get flamed! :eek:
Ain't that the truth. :rolleyes:

Still though....if you go to a Sonata forum....there are a lot of complaints of squeaky/rattling interior bits. Whether that means that they are "cheap" or not....I can't say.

·
I Eat Accords! W_(^_^)_W
425 Posts
Ain't that the truth. :rolleyes:

Still though....if you go to a Sonata forum....there are a lot of complaints of squeaky/rattling interior bits. Whether that means that they are "cheap" or not....I can't say.
When I go to a Toyota forum I see lots of complaints of squeaky/rattling interior bits...

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
I looked sonata at TX state fair and then had chance to ride and drive turbo sonata.
it looks pretty ugly outside especially front but pretty nice inside. ride is not nice, noisier and rougher than camry ride.
power? yep! it got plenty of pick up after 2500RPM. but 3.5 camry will kill it from start and on HWY.
MPG? owner getting 21-22 in the city and he is not using turbo alot.
I'm not impressed much.
I mite conciser altima but not sonata.

·
Portholes are the Sh!t
520 Posts
My mom was at Cedar Point on monday and she some how met this guy who is a designer for Toyota. She asked him about the new Camry he told her that the 2012 looks nothing like the current Camry and that he worked on the seats for it.

I wish I had been there so I could have asked him some really good questions about it.

161 - 180 of 1199 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
169 Participants
pnificense
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing