Toyota Nation Forum banner

2012 Camry :P

316K views 1K replies 167 participants last post by  pnificense 
#1 ·
Well perhaps this has been posted before... perhaps not... Definitely news to me! Came up on one of my random searches.

All I can say is wow... And I thought the Gen 6 was aggressive... Not sure if I can see Toyota going this far with the Camry but props to them if they do.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/08/0821_art_center/source/9.htm

"2012 Toyota Camry: Everyday Extraordinary

This is a next-generation proposal based on the current Camry package. The goal is to raise Camry's image as a value alternative of luxury cars. This car features an upscale exterior that expresses power and energy with Japanese overtones. The front has a grille-less design to help differentiate it from Lexus cars, while animated headlights and horizontal graphics add a sense of width. The body side features a scalloped section and a bone line that continues through the back with taillight graphics. It's a realistic proposal—all exterior dimensions are no more than 20mm off the current Camry and the front end complies with pedestrian safety measures."

See less See more
#383 ·
Those pics and the video doesn't show enough.
Better pics and/or the Camry in person may change your minds.
I think the present style is kind of boring.
Just about anything should be an improvement.Especially interior wise.

#397 ·
Does anyone think it looks like it shrunk a little and that the rear is a little stubby? Does anyone think the front of the SE looks like the current hybrid's front end?:facepalm:

#402 ·
lol, I own a Gen 5 and I wasn't thrilled with the Gen 6 but I'm looking forward to seeing this car in person and am very seriously thinking about getting one so it looks like everyone has their own alternation of generations.

Though I think us Gen 5 lovers are clearly in the right because we have the roomier trunk and apparently better reliability vs Gen 6. Bwahaha!

#404 ·
It sort of looks more of a major refresh rather than a redesign. The side profile looks quite similar to gen 6.

Nevertheless, from what i can make out of the rear, not a fan of that part. :(

#405 · (Edited)
Until you actually see the two gens side by side it does look like a refresh more than a redesign, but once they're side by side you can easily see that it's a redesign. I had similar feelings about the new gen, but once you actually see them and spend some seat time in one it's hard to deny the new vs the current. Really is a very nice Camry and I'm sure it won't disappoint anybody who wants one. I now regret buying my '11, I should've waited (smh) what do ya do...

Reactions: orton
#408 ·
I'll definitely take your word for it:thumbsup: I think a lot of people here (myself included) are overreacting from watching a low quality spy video to really see all of physical features of the car.

#418 ·
^. same with me.
$18800 for 11' LE or 0% for 60 at DFW area.

I dont like pict of 2012, but will wait to see a real car r at least clean sharp pictures.
I don't see any problems with 2011 interior: my friend got 2011 LE 3 month ago, interior nice and quiet, no "crickets".

#421 ·
I dont like pict of 2012, but will wait to see a real car r at least clean sharp pictures.
the video has been pulled and the few shots that were posted is too blurry for me to really make out how this car will look. my gut reaction is that it appears like an evolutionary design change (and not a radical change like the sonata from gen to gen).

if the interior is really good and the money was spent on under the sheet metal improvements, then i can live with whatever bland styling that may come our way. with limited development $ I say quality > form.

#419 ·
My son in law was talking to someone involved with Toyota.In what capacity I don't know but the person said that the exterior has many subtle changes that are very nice.
However,the interior changes are where the new generation really shines.The interior is said to be very,very nice.A big change from the Gen 6.
I don't know if he meant in the higher trim only,though.

#422 · (Edited)
The interior is completely redesigned through and through. There is nothing that carries over from Gen 6 except color options (sorry) as in grey and black for SE, and tan and grey for L, LE, XLE, and light grey, grey, and tan for the Hybrid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.