Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 210 Posts

·
Toyota Owner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Goddammit. I saw "Jacksonferrell posted recently" on this topic.

Was hoping for more updates on your car =(

Hahah been busy with work haven't had a chance to do anything. I did get the Camry rubber all weather mats in today, look and work great. My next project is to plasti dip the rims to see if I like... And if I don't I can just easily remove... Gotta love it

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Hahah been busy with work haven't had a chance to do anything. I did get the Camry rubber all weather mats in today, look and work great. My next project is to plasti dip the rims to see if I like... And if I don't I can just easily remove... Gotta love it
Oh nice, I plan on painting the rims on my Camry next week too.

·
Toyota Owner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Wheels are complete.

Before

Coat #1

Coat #2

Before Gloss Finish

After Gloss Finish

Let me know what y'all think! Good thing about plasti dip is I can't take it off if I don't like it.

·
Corolla Veteran!
66 Posts
Nice job. I never modded any of my cars before. I am really hesitant to do that because I always wonder if that will negatively impact the resale value...but anyways...

Did you get the wind/bug deflector for your car? How do you install it? I was thinking of buying the WeatherTech windvisor (did you know theirs are actually made by AVS/Lundi?). You're going to put yours in front of the sunroof, correct?

Also...would you ever buy the bug/stone deflector that goes on the tip of your hood, above the grill? Is that even necessary for this Camry?

What about the side deflectors that go in all door windows?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm way to nervouse to modify new car like that.

Your came out sick bro, I wish I could come up with cool ideas like that.

·
Toyota Owner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Nice job. I never modded any of my cars before. I am really hesitant to do that because I always wonder if that will negatively impact the resale value...but anyways...

Did you get the wind/bug deflector for your car? How do you install it? I was thinking of buying the WeatherTech windvisor (did you know theirs are actually made by AVS/Lundi?). You're going to put yours in front of the sunroof, correct?

Also...would you ever buy the bug/stone deflector that goes on the tip of your hood, above the grill? Is that even necessary for this Camry?

What about the side deflectors that go in all door windows?

Everything that I have done to my car is removable, therefor will not hurt the resale value. As for the front and rear window visors, I'm just waiting for weather tech to release the reran ones and I will buy the whole set.

·
Toyota Owner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Hey guys, we had the Reveal and training of the 2013 Scion FRS at work today, got some pics for everyone.

This FRS is an awesome car, looks and drives amazing.

·
Toyota Owner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Dam, that looks amazing. What did you guys do?
They just taught us everything about the car, did a walk around and let us drive them. We already have the first three pre-sold at my dealership. They are the exact same car, just different color. Just some news for you guys, expect a convertible FRS, and Toyota is now working on a Diesel Truck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
love some of the mods you did. not a fan of the black out wheels or the carbon door pillar but the blacked out emblems and led lights makes it look really distinctive. kudos! the lit up door sill looks hot too.

Thats not right, the LED strip ONLY comes on SE models. At the dealership I work at, every SE that we get from PORT has them now. If you want to ask the seller a question on ebay you can.
sorry i'm slightly out of the loop - does this mean all new camry SEs will have the led strip as standard equipment?

anyone in canada have info on this for our market?

·
Toyota Owner
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
love some of the mods you did. not a fan of the black out wheels or the carbon door pillar but the blacked out emblems and led lights makes it look really distinctive. kudos! the lit up door sill looks hot too.

sorry i'm slightly out of the loop - does this mean all new camry SEs will have the led strip as standard equipment?

anyone in canada have info on this for our market?
Yeah I actually took the plasti dip off of the rims, I am going to powder coat them instead.. Looks a lot better in person.

As for the LEDS, most of the dealerships on the east coast will have them installed at port and come on every SE model. I am in NC, so I'm not sure about Canada.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah I actually took the plasti dip off of the rims, I am going to powder coat them instead.. Looks a lot better in person.

As for the LEDS, most of the dealerships on the east coast will have them installed at port and come on every SE model. I am in NC, so I'm not sure about Canada.
sweet. i really enjoyed looking at all your photos you took in this thread. noob question - what does a powder coat rim look like vs the reg alloys?

yeah i'm not sure about us Canucks. we just have to be different (like putting those v6 rims on the SE 4 cylinder as standard equpiment) - i wouldn't be surprised if we get denied those LED lights.

101 - 120 of 210 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
209 Replies
87 Participants
Blochead21
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing