Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Mine works correctly but makes the popping sounds..

One touch(1 sec) auto open to just about fully open(not sure why they didn't make then open completely automatically) , can hit it again to go rest of way back(PIA), one touch(1 sec) fully closed, and tilt works fine for me. That sucks yours doesn't even operate correctly. Definitely a good reason to take it in and get both problems fixed. I just don't eBay my headliner torn out more than once so I want an official TSB before I let a dealer tear my car apart..
Apparently, the position where it auto-stops is the "optimal open" position to reduce wind noise-- I read that somewhere in the manual i think.

And yes - I too am so afraid to get this headliner torn down (again).

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't know if this is blasphemy, being that this is a TOYOTA forum after all, but have you looked at the new 2013 Accord yet? I had a chance to look at the interior of the EX-L NAV model with all the bells/whistles, and I have to say, the materials/craftsmanship/layout is pretty nice-- even the moonroof works correctly-- :lol:

Another very nice car in this year is the 2013 Avalon in my opinion. But of course, if you're going into the 36k-40k price range, you may as well look into the Lexus-- basically same car, but at least you get the badge.
Problem is that I don't like leather seats, too uncomfortable in the summer heat.

The last 2 new cars I've purchased where Toyotas, partially because there was a choice of options packages. Toyota is becoming to much like Honda (little or no choice of options, just 3 models).

The other problem with the sunroof is headroom. When I bought my current Camry, I had also looked at the Maxima, but the model I wanted came with a standard sunroof. I couldn't even get in & out of the car without my head hitting the roof.

The 2012/2013 Camry with the sunroof has over 1" less headroom than my 2002.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
One touch(1 sec) auto open to just about fully open(not sure why they didn't make then open completely automatically) , can hit it again to go rest of way back(PIA),.
i just tested this on mine and one touch of the OPEN opens the sunroof completely. CLOSE closes it completely as well.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i just tested this on mine and one touch of the OPEN opens the sunroof completely. CLOSE closes it completely as well.
Mine appears completely open but if I hit the open button again it goes farther back. Did you try hitting yours again after it was open to see if it goes any farther?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know if this is blasphemy, being that this is a TOYOTA forum after all, but have you looked at the new 2013 Accord yet? I had a chance to look at the interior of the EX-L NAV model with all the bells/whistles, and I have to say, the materials/craftsmanship/layout is pretty nice-- even the moonroof works correctly-- :lol:

Another very nice car in this year is the 2013 Avalon in my opinion. But of course, if you're going into the 36k-40k price range, you may as well look into the Lexus-- basically same car, but at least you get the badge.
I test drove the accord.... too bad the CVT is GARBAGE. You should see how many people complain about throttle lags.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The better question is why would you even bother posting this here.....? And I test drove the accord.... too bad the CVT is GARBAGE. You should see how many people complain about throttle lags.
Like i said earlier, it may have been inappropriate posting that here, but was just trying to help the guy who was looking for a new car who posted that he may be looking elsewhere other than a Camry now. Haven't actually test-driven the Accord, so can't comment on the CVT, but I did like the interior.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Like i said earlier, it may have been inappropriate posting that here, but was just trying to help the guy who was looking for a new car who posted that he may be looking elsewhere other than a Camry now. Haven't actually test-driven the Accord, so can't comment on the CVT, but I did like the interior.
Woops my apologies, but ya i would suggest an accord too, thats if you can get use to the cvt. heh

·
Registered
30 Posts
My '12 started popping the other morning when slow driving over inperfections in the road, parking lot entries, ect. It was stinking cold out...hopefully this does not continue.... claims another victim.

·
Rubber Ducky
864 Posts
there IS a fix for this. just requires a factory tech to come out and put it in the car. which is what is being done to mine right now. from what i was told it's gong to be a tsb for them and it's a set of shims and some new foam

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My '12 started popping the other morning when slow driving over inperfections in the road, parking lot entries, ect. It was stinking cold out...hopefully this does not continue.... claims another victim.
Welcome to the club...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Woops my apologies, but ya i would suggest an accord too, thats if you can get use to the cvt. heh
Oh no worries Kevin. I think we're just all trying to help each other out here: by providing support for those of us already stuck with this car issue, and inform others who have yet committed to buying a car. :thumbsup:

I'd tell you, I sure wish I knew about this forum before I bought my new Camry.

·
Registered
499 Posts
there IS a fix for this. just requires a factory tech to come out and put it in the car. which is what is being done to mine right now. from what i was told it's gong to be a tsb for them and it's a set of shims and some new foam
That's great news. I hope your issue gets permanently fixed. Please keep us informed. Good luck.

I am heading into my 5k maintenance check and I'll reference this potential new TSB with the shims/foam. I thought I read somewhere here that the old TSB for the older Camrys had also recommended applying shims and foam?? Hopefully, your tech wasn't referring to the older TSB.

·
Rubber Ducky
864 Posts
nope, this is a new one that requires someone from kentucky to come up to show them how to do it correctly. IE: 13 parts on a 12.

mine started doing it at 1k miles.

·
Registered
499 Posts
nope, this is a new one that requires someone from kentucky to come up to show them how to do it correctly. IE: 13 parts on a 12.

mine started doing it at 1k miles.
Kentucky??!! You mean the same exact factory where our Camrys are now built out of? Your dealer had someone actually fly in from Kentucky to KC? :eek:

·
Rubber Ducky
864 Posts
i don't fuck around with cars.
:)

as awesome as that sounds, no, i didn't. the service manager may have though. not sure. i was informed they are away of it. there is another one in the shop right now with the same issue.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i don't fuck around with cars.
:)

as awesome as that sounds, no, i didn't. the service manager may have though. not sure. i was informed they are away of it. there is another one in the shop right now with the same issue.
Keep us posted. Scan and post the service sheet so we can show our dealers exactly what needs done... I don't want to F around with going to the dealer more than once for this fix. I want them to know exactly the issue and fix and drop it off

161 - 180 of 345 Posts
About this Discussion
344 Replies
97 Participants
rosethornil
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing