Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just got my 2012 Corolla S about a week ago and am loving it so far. Really glad I found this forum, loads of information here! The only problem I really have with the car is the steering feel. Compared to my 2000 Eclipse, the steering has no feel and is too loose. I was wondering if there was any way to improve this?

·
Go Bills!
09 Corolla
809 Posts
Try running a search, many people have talked about this before. Basically here are you options:

1)new springs (Trd are great if you don't want to drop your car low)
2)TRD rear sway bar upgrade
3)TRD upper strut bar

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,329 Posts
Try running a search, many people have talked about this before. Basically here are you options:

1)new springs (Trd are great if you don't want to drop your car low)
2)TRD rear sway bar upgrade
3)TRD upper strut bar
This works well but I also noticed a huge improvement by upgrading the stock 16" tires & going to a 17" wheel with a 225/45R17 tire. :thumbsup: It completely changed the way the car drove & the steering feel. :clap:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Check your tire pressure

Your tires maybe still over-inflated to 38-40psi, as the new car delivery was not prepared 100% and the guy in dealership didn't adjust the psi to the recommended list in door jam.

Car mfg intentionally over-inflated the tire to higher to avoid flat spot on tires as they never know how long the cars sit in the lot.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
The stock rubber is very low quality. Move to a better tire and it makes things better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.