Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My display shows ABS, BRAKE & skidding car icon on my 2012 Prius. A local shop scanned it & came up with a code C1391. Accumulator leaking. He erased it & it went away. But it came back not too long after driving. Where do I start with this problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got it fixed. Doing some further research on line, I read that someone posted that this has been an issue from way back in 2nd generation & Toyota extended the warranty on this situation. I took my Prius to the dealer and asked them if they had continued problems with this system in 3rd generation. And yes they had extended the warranty. I have around 110k miles now. So, they changed the brake actuator assy & associated items at zero cost to me. That was a relief for me as I had just talked to another 2012 Prius owner friend who had the same 4 warning indications and didn't bother to research, took it to an independent repair shop & paid $2500 for the same repair. I imagine the dealer would have charged $3000 to 4000 at regular price. So just a heads up if you have the same symptoms to check on the warranty on this system. Hope it will save someone $$$ in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
Jetmx
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing