Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Dealer and Toyota USA support my 2012 Prius (57032) Nav update disk is not being manufactured anymore. This makes my 8 year old car obsolete, since Nav is required to use car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nav works but its so outdated , when you travel its driving on green farm land on the screen, interstate Hwy missing interchange

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sigh

1.) If they don't sell a 2020 disk, then get a 2019 or 18. Update it as far as it goes and see if that'll do.

2.) If that fails, get whatever little GPS unit you like and stick it on the dash

3.) If that fails, a Toyota may not be the car for you. try a Tesla. They do live over-the-air updates so they can never die.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Per Dealer and Toyota USA support my 2012 Prius (57032) Nav update disk is not being manufactured anymore. This makes my 8 year old car obsolete, since Nav is required to use car.
I had the exact same reaction, toyota had no problem selling me a map update card but nobody at two different dealers knew how it worked to actually DO the update. Service Tech tries for 3 hours to install it before he gives up.
On Monday they call Toyota HQ where HQ tells the dealer they quit supporting this head unit and there will be no more updates to it at all.
I even filed a BBB complaint and toyota says sorry, it's the dealers fault. (that Toyota quit supporting this and we sold you a map update that can't possibly be installed.)

While i was buying this car the GPS navigation system was prominently mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts