Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking at purchasing a 2012 Prius Sport and have found very little info on them, none on this forum and only a press release on the www. From what I did find, it seems the package was close to a $5,000 option that included sportier body molding, sport badges, lowering the suspension by about 1.5" and installing a sway bar. My questions are:

Did the lowering of the suspension make the ride stiffer?
The one I'm looking at has leather, was that standard?
Anything else come with the package like JBL or HUD?
Any additional info would help, thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 2 cents is that if such a car existed, it would be like a Dodge Caravan sport. If you want something sporty, there are Corolla se and Camry se and xse. The Prius' day job is to be miserly. From the factory, Priuses are supposed to come with lower rolling resistance tires. They do horrible on test tracks, but are there for mpg.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello, I'm looking at purchasing a 2012 Prius Sport and have found very little info on them
I am aware of the regular Prius, the bobtail Prius, the station wagon Prius and the Plug-in model, but I'm not familiar with a sport model.

From what I did find, it seems the package was close to a $5,000 option that included sportier body molding, sport badges, lowering the suspension by about 1.5" and installing a sway bar.
$5k for a couple of badges and a sway bar? Is the motor any different?

Did the lowering of the suspension make the ride stiffer?
Normally when Toyota calls something a "sport" model they mean that the suspension is tighter and maybe that the steering is tighter. The Prius in general doesn't have much clearance. I'd be reluctant to give up any casually.

The one I'm looking at has leather, was that standard?
Leather and a HUD sound like part of the advanced tech package.

I have to agree with 11camryhyb that the Prius was never meant to be a sports car. If you want an economical and reliable car that is perky, this might do it. If you want a real push-you-back-in-the-seat sports car this probably isn't it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts