Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
message display says 'check hybrid system' car has 98000 one owner miles on it. closest toy dealer is 20 miles away and wants to tow it to shop. inverter coolant is above add mark. i even swapped in another 12v battery. shifter lever will only shift to neutral and the park button. and the light on power switch goes from green to amber. "ready" lite never appears either. and engine doesn't crank at all. i'm gonna look at all the fuses i see.

from the other posts it may be that the big battery died. maybe the desert heat did it in.

i had rotated the tires front to rear and then prius wont start. any ideas? thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
You'd think it would have been covered by the 8yr 100k mile Hybrid Warranty regardless. Just under the wire on miles unless it's California which may be longer.

·
Registered
2013 Prius v
7 Posts
What did it take to fix it. The inverter has a 15 year warranty if it had the firmware update.

I'm just trying to get my 2013 v going.......

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After Reading the owners manual carefully and calling up Toyota dealers and speaking with the service advisors twice there was absolutely no valid information given in any of these attempts.
I had the car towed to the sanBERNARDINO Toyota dealer and after one day they discovered that the battery switch was turned off. they turn the battery switch back on... and the car works fine. Service charge for turning on the switch was $125. and I had to upgrade my AAA membership to get the car towed to the dealer. I emailed Toyota asking for reimbursement of my $200 expense based on the fact that no information was given in the owners manual or over the phone to check the battery switch. maybe I accidentally turned it off when I was getting the jack out of the car to rotate the tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You don’t have a pic of the switch per chance? I’d love to know what to watch out for if this happened to me. Yeesh - a real oddball thing to happen but it could have been much worse I suppose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts