Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 Tacoma. It has 36k on it and I paid 14000 for it. In excellent condition. After the dealer offered me 3500 for my Versa with 103k on it I passed and sold it outright for 5k and found this truck that the seller need to get out from under. I paid off the loan for 14k and we now wait for the title to clear tomorrow and I can pick up the title. I have not driven it with no plate. I insured it but do not know what to expect from the MPG ect. Edmonds says 20 High. I think that is a bit low. My Chevy with a 305 got that. I would bet I can get 25 to 28 mpg highway the way I drive. with the 2.7 What should I expect? Just got done putting on the Curt hitch and wire harness. Have the window rain visors coming in and a line on a fiberglass cover. Should get me up and running. I keep hearing that the second generation Tacomas are not as good as the first. Is this true?

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,027 Posts
Yeah, I've been getting over 20 mpg driving to work this last month and that's with the 4.0 (and heaviest configuration too).

Less reliable than 1st gen? I doubt that. Just different things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.