Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 2g tC from a tow company auction. Found some fried internals... Replaced fuse box, and immobilizer. The car cranked and threw a security code before I replaced those parts, and still shows.

I have a mvci cable and techstream on loan from a friend. I dont get an option to go to the immobilizer settings. What settings should I have available to me? I need to know if my ecu is bad... I've had a locksmith come out(I wasnt home when they came), said they spent hours on the car and couldnt program a new key.

Is there a place in techstream where I can tell if any master key is even registered...I think its a ver 9...

Tried the paper clip to obdport trick for the 1g tC ecu learn to Key with no avail.

I need help! Im scratching my head at this point.

·
2,654 Posts
This one is tough,

If the ECU was bad, it shouldn't even communicate with the techstream.

What was fried and why did it fry? thats where I would like to start........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse box/bcm and attached multiplexer got wet I believe from a broken window/shield... They were replaced, I should have mentioned that above.

Is the immobilizer a separate ecm, located behind the gauge cluster?!? Or is that from the 1g... I'm gonna check when I get home. If so I'll crack it open and check for damage.

I checked the ecu last night and it was clean!

I also found an ebay auction for a 2012 immobilizer ecm which leads me to believe that it is in fact separate...

Still lost on this, any help/ commentary welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ above I said that I replaced the immobilizer, but it was the bcm multiplexer. I can't even find the immobilizer ecm. I found a website that lists a diagram showing it behind the gauge cluster but it's not there. Anyone know where this thing is so I can see if its all jacked up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a diagram much like this one yesterday. That joker must be way back there because I cannot see it with the cluster and half the dash out... I am thinking about doing a claim with Autocheck on this one. This damage is way more than just the driver window being left down and it raining... there was mud and glass in the headliner...
I may have some time here soon to see if I can get back there and find this thing.
Thanks for the help so far.... I'll be sure to inform if/when I find something...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That thing cant be back there. I can see everything. The diagram seems pretty right on the money with the amplifier too. Which would give me reason to believe that the immobilizer would be immediately behind the cluster. But it isnt. I cannot seem to find a floating harness either.

stuck.... again.

·
2,654 Posts
The Tranponder ECU is located on the back of the A/C unit.....

Here's the repair manual's instructions......LoL
1. REMOVE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT
(2012 MY tC [05/2011 - ]; HEATING / AIR CONDITIONING: AIR CONDITIONING UNIT: REMOVAL)

2. REMOVE TRANSPONDER KEY ECU ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the bolt and transponder key ECU.

(b) Detach the clamp and disconnect the connector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MANY MANY THANKS! Too bad it couldnt be better news. I was afraid that the small bunch of wires was leading to it, but then I was thinking, it must be ac related...

Should read: Remove Dash, Remove AC, find immobilizer and everything else in the car because there is nothing left.

So...next question: Have any experience with an immobilizer bypass, suchas evo-all, or xpresskit? Could that get me running?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay Thanks! Do you happen to know if a used immobilizer will need a seed code in techstream to program to my key, or can I jumper the pins for ecu relearn(once I get it cleaned off or replaced)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I will find out when I get there... not sure when I will have time, thanks for info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the new immo installed, the security light on does the one blink, I think thats normal because I can hear the fuel pump prime now... BUT now I do not get spark( pulled plug attached to coil pack and looked for arc)... I am throwing 2 mass air flow codes and 3 cam position sensor codes... will any of those cause a no spark/ no injector pulse issue?

codes:
p0102
p0103
p0113
p0343
p0368
p0340

·
2,654 Posts
P0343 can cause a No-start issue....
Per the repair maual

-Open or short in camshaft position sensor circuit for intake side