Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a letter from Toyota to my cars previous owner stating a free software update is available until 10/31/17. My cars transmission seems not to have the shudder it describes in the letter. Will it hurt anything to get this update? I'm asking because I don't know anything about software updates.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I just found a letter from Toyota to my cars previous owner stating a free software update is available until 10/31/17. My cars transmission seems not to have the shudder it describes in the letter. Will it hurt anything to get this update? I'm asking because I don't know anything about software updates.
No.

Get the update done. It dramatically improves transmission hunting and upshift behavior to where it should be from the factory and should reduce the chances of the torque converter failure.

·
Engin33r
45 Posts
meh i had the update done in 2015 and i still get the shudder every now and then, im gonna have to buckle down and eventually bring it in so they can tear out the transmission and rework it...(that's covered under the TSB btw).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the dealership today and they informed me the previous owner of my Camry did get the update back on 1/31/17. So I have not had any issues with the software update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does your letter state if 7th gen models from 2013 and up already come with this software update installed from factory? Purchased my 2013 Camry from the second owner, have not been receiving any letters from Toyota since I owned the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does your letter state if 7th gen models from 2013 and up already come with this software update installed from factory? Purchased my 2013 Camry from the second owner, have not been receiving any letters from Toyota since I owned the car.
It says certain 2012-2014 models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I'll call the nearest dealership in the morning and see if it is applicable to my car. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anything I can do if I was never notified of this software update and my car does have this issue? I took my car to the dealer and they refused to check the computer and told me I need a new transmission.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts