Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Toyota Corolla s that will no longer go into drive . I have all other gears. So when I pull it down into drive is says it's in 3rd and it runs like it's in 3rd.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Check your shifter cable end. The rubber insulator may have ripped.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Open your driver side door. You should see a white label with the vin of your car. It's above the tire pressure label. Look at the bottom row on the left corner. AT/R I think is where the transmission code is.

Edit : I don't know how this information was posted on your thread. The shifter cable end is on the front side of the transmission on the driver side. Sorry,no don't have an image.

·
Registered
293 Posts
probably not the problem, but never hurts to check: I had an older car that wouldn't shift into overdrive if the tranny fluid was low. Just make sure you are filled up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
also, as per a thread on the highlaner 1st gen forum, make sure you don't have a knock sensor code. A bad knock sensor will prevent the tranny from using overdrive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have it tested, I do have a loose terminal because the nut broke off. But never a problem with the car not starting because odmf the battery.. thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
When was the last time you drained and refilled the transmission fluid?

Since there's no code present, I doubt the shift solenoid is an issue.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
Iv never changed the fluid..I'll do that next..thank you
Ouch, a 2012 that has never had the transmission fluid changed? I change the fluid in my transmission every 30-35k miles no matter if it's a MT, AT or CVT.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Reverse and 1st gear take the highest amount of pressure to engage than any other gear. So first make sure your fluid is full and in good condition (not burnt smelling or black)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts