Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,623 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

What do you mean by upshift? When you put yer transmission in Sport mode, it is a shift by command input from the shifter. When you push the lever up, it doesn't upshift? Give this video a look. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,623 Posts
Another video on the S-mode (sequential not sport) shifting.

I think this has already been pointed out below but just to confirm. Tundra and Tacoma dont have Sport modes. The S stands for sequential. It does not change throttle mapping or shift points. The reason it shows S4 when you switch it over is that it is set up so truck will not shift past the 4th gear. Likewise, if you set it to S5 it will still go through 1-5 but not above 5. It does not show you what gear it is in.
If you want something that is similar to Sport mode, flip the Tow mode on. It changes the throttle mapping. First time I did it, it startled me how different the truck drives.
Love the videos Rob. Just an FYI....the S stands for sequential. Very useful towing when the truck is jumping between gears to much or driving in mountain county and need a little engine braking. Keep up the good work brother.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,623 Posts
I know how to use the sport /sequential mode. When in this mode it won't upshift at all. I can downshift, 4321,but can't upshift at all. Tow / haul isn't working either. I've searched for a fuse,but haven't located one for either.
I would suspect the upshift switch. Yer gonna need to trace some wires and test the switch fer contact. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts