Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tire pressure warning light came on an stayed on within a few days of switching to my winter tires. Tire pressures were fine and I realized that I probably had a broken sensor. Took the car in to the dealer that I originally purchased the car from and explained. The bill for replacing the sensor was $369.61 before tax. $130 to diagnose which sensor it was and that it was really broken, $109.61 for the valve sub-assembly-tire, and another $130 to install and program the sensor. I have absolutely no frame of reference for this, but it seems to me that replacing a sensor shouldn't be this big a deal. Can anyone offer an opinion as the whether I just don't appreciate how much is involved, or whether I just got taken to the cleaners? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
105 Posts
The dealer most likely broke or cracked the sensor with the tire change to winter tires with the dismount. The oem sensors are about 60 dollars each my local tire shop charged me another 50 dollars to program the sensors being one sensor or all four. Never take your car to the dealer for tire service !

·
Registered
2014 AHXLE TOURING
461 Posts
The Toyota dealer broke one of my sensors when he replaced 2 front tires recently. He replaced my sensor free of charge. I think your dealer gave you the business.

·
Registered
39 Posts
just put a peice of electrcal tape over light on dash panel and just keep your tire pressured up.These dang lights are a nuisance in winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts