Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

This is my first post.

I stopped in at a Toyota dealer yesterday and they have a new 2013 Camry SE V6 with 100 miles. It has the Convenience Package, Leather Package and Moonroof Package. The MSRP is 32,814. They offered it to us for $27,741. plus tax. Edmonds said the true market value is $28,083.

Do you think $27,741 is a fair price; I think they can do better on the price.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
camry se v6 2013
99 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post.

I stopped in at a Toyota dealer yesterday and they have a new 2013 Camry SE V6 with 100 miles. It has the Convenience Package, Leather Package and Moonroof Package. The MSRP is 32,814. They offered it to us for $27,741. plus tax. Edmonds said the true market value is $28,083.

Thanks,
Dave
Is it fully loaded?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
Is it really a good price? $5k off on an already 1 year old car? The 2014 and 2014.5 Camrys have been out.

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
I think you are right, I may offer them 24k for it.
I mean you are going to take the first year depreciation the minute you sign for it. Bam, an entire year's depreciation and already working on the second! You can offer them 24k and see how they respond and go from there. I think if you get it for 25-26k, I would be happy.

For 28k you can probably (most likely) get the same loaded SE V6 but a 2014.5 year car. At least in my area. Camry is a core car, they need to move that 2013.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE V6
1,898 Posts
It's a good price for the 2014 but I would def get more knocked off for a 2013. I paid 28000 even before taxes etc fo y 12 when there were no 13s out yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just talked with the dealer and the lowest they would go is $27,441; dropped the price $300. I will have to think about it.
As some others have stated, that seems rather high for a model that is basically one year old. When I purchased my 2013 XLE V6 in May, I went through Costco, and the price was $200 below dealer invoice. My XLE is basically fully loaded also, and it includes a Rear Lip Spoiler and Rear Bumper Applique (the dealership actually did not charge me for that, as they got the vehicle in a dealer trade, and when I balked at those extra features, they wanted my business (2nd time I purchased a Camry from them) and thus did not charge me for those items). So, after my trade in ($4500), and the $500 rebate from Toyota, I paid $29,300 out the door, that is, including tax, license, destination, advertising, and a full tank of gas.

The Costco price does vary by region, model, and time of the year. If you are a member of Costco, you might want to try them. But with the 2014 models out already, even $24K seems somewhat high.

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
Lol, no wonder why they haven't got rid of it! If you are ok with that price, do yourself the favor and pay an extra $500 or so for a 2014.5 model year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post.

Thanks,
Dave
I just went on Kelly's Blue Book Site, and it showed a fair price of $24,442. Here is the "final" link for that:

http://www.kbb.com/toyota/camry/201...776|true|5217782|true&pricetype=retail#survey

A couple of things, though. First of all, as part of their pricing tool, I was asked to enter a zip code. Since I do not know what part of NY you are from, I used my zip code, 98032.

Secondly, you did not specify the exact options the car has. Also, I did not see a "Moon Roof Package". I did see an option for a Moon Roof, though. Hence, the options I chose are:

V6 Engine
Convenience Package
Leather Seats
Moon Roof

I did not choose such features as heated seats, power seat, Dual Power Seats, Backup Camera, Navigation System, etc.

Not sure if this link will show everything I chose, but if not, you could try it yourself:

http://www.kbb.com/toyota/camry/201...?vehicleid=384524&intent=buy-used&mileage=100

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a 2014 SE v6 (convenience-sunroof-nav-bsm-leather package-upgraded jbl) msrp $32330. Presidents day sale=$6000 off msrp. I gave up $500 of that for 0% for 60 months. Also got lifetime powertrain warranty no charge. I got hosed on a full clear bra $899.(hood/bumber/grill/headlights/mirrors/rear bumper top/door edges and door handle cups) I got a certificate that states full refund on the bra if traded back in at same dealership w/in 7 years. So far loving it. To the op-I think you could get real close to a 2014/2014.5 for the price you were quoted for the 2013. Good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
2012 se v6

I just bought mine, with 35900, miles. ALL the bells and whistles, back up camera, GPS, Blue tooth JBL, V6, 18's.....$20,900 go the extended "wrap" warranty for $550.... Love my car....keep looking!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I did a KBB and "The Fair Market Range for this car in your area(13733) is $28,367 - $29,708."

So I don't think I'm too far off. I'm sure I could get a better deal if I traveled to another dealer. I guess at this point the prices is irrelevant, since my wife loves the car.

V6, 3.5 Liter Standard
Automatic, 6-Spd Standard
Convenience Pkg
Leather Pkg (heated seats)
Radio Equipment, Display Audio w/Navigation, Entune & JBL
Blind-Spot Monitor Available [BD]
Seat Adjuster, 8-Way Power Driver's Standard [PD]
Floor Mats, Carpeted F&R (PIO)
Moon Roof, Power Glass
Spoiler, Rear (PIO) Available [RF]

I just went on Kelly's Blue Book Site, and it showed a fair price of $24,442. Here is the "final" link for that:

http://www.kbb.com/toyota/camry/201...776|true|5217782|true&pricetype=retail#survey

A couple of things, though. First of all, as part of their pricing tool, I was asked to enter a zip code. Since I do not know what part of NY you are from, I used my zip code, 98032.

Secondly, you did not specify the exact options the car has. Also, I did not see a "Moon Roof Package". I did see an option for a Moon Roof, though. Hence, the options I chose are:

V6 Engine
Convenience Package
Leather Seats
Moon Roof

I did not choose such features as heated seats, power seat, Dual Power Seats, Backup Camera, Navigation System, etc.

Not sure if this link will show everything I chose, but if not, you could try it yourself:

http://www.kbb.com/toyota/camry/201...?vehicleid=384524&intent=buy-used&mileage=100

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.