Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a third world 2013 HiLux and can not get my scangauge to connect to the ECU. I have tried the Scangauge on other vehicles and it works fine. Even other Toyota’s. I also tried a Elm327 and it also can not connect to the ECU. Any one have this problem and can shed light why?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a third world 2013 HiLux and can not get my scangauge to connect to the ECU. I have tried the Scangauge on other vehicles and it works fine. Even other Toyota’s. I also tried a Elm327 and it also can not connect to the ECU. Any one have this problem and can shed light why?
While the Hilux does have a standard OBDII connector, the pin connections are non-standard. You will need a Mini VCI OEM Toyota Cable and Toyota TIS Techstream Software to connect and read the data from the Hilux computer. I use a HAIN Mini VCI J2534 Cable which i got from Amazon.. I live in the Caribbean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While the Hilux does have a standard OBDII connector, the pin connections are non-standard. You will need a Mini VCI OEM Toyota Cable and Toyota TIS Techstream Software to connect and read the data from the Hilux computer. I use a HAIN Mini VCI J2534 Cable which i got from Amazon.. I live in the Caribbean.
Thanks narinec01! I thought there would not be a simple solution. I will purchase the cable and load the software on my Mac (running Windows) and let you know how it goes. Are there any other solutions anyone knows of for the Toyota Hilux in the Caribbean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts