Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2015 my 2013 Rav4 was stolen and they took my SD Card.
Someone from this forum back in 2015 when my car was recovered sent me an email of the head unit zip file of the software for me to then put onto my own blank SD card.
It worked and my car was back to running normally.
About a week or 2 ago my DIY SD card was stolen again when I was grocery shopping and didnt realise i didnt lock the car when my 4 year old daughter was being a little full on.

I was hoping someone may be able to email me or somehow help in any way possible.

Thank you for reading and if you're able to help it will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone figured your car is unlocked, got inside and stole nothing but SD card? What are the odds of that?
Yes honestly that's what happened, especially because of the town I'm temporarily living in.

My son and daughter are very full on when they are over stimulated, even when going to the grocery shops, I must have been frazzled and forgot.

Odds of just the SD card being stolen? Well it was that or the child car seat. Everything I need is in my handbag with me inside the grocery store anyway so nothing else to take out of my car, just a car seat.

I don't know you need to be a bit abrupt, but yes it is well know Toyota SD cards are worth a lot hence why I'm trying to source the software myself.

I have the software now and have successfully got my head unit working. The SD card runs my whole head unit programming including the reverse camera and all.

I had a much more of a pleasant experience last time I had asked for help from this forum

Thanks for your input though.

·
Premium Member
2015 Sienna / 2018 RAV4
1,133 Posts
I'm actually surprised that writing to a standard SD card worked. Several folks that own Sienna vans that use card based systems (2015 and up, as prior to that they were DVD based) have reported that the cards are Toyota encrypted and can't be duplicated by conventional means.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts