Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I think I would've rather seen a toned down version of the Rowdy edition Camry.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,413 Posts
Meh, I'm not a fan. I've never been a fan of the carbon fiber look. Rims meh. Red on the leather seats, meh. back is really nice though.

But it does remind me a lot of my SE.

Not my cup of tea, but I can see how this is attractive to some people

Thanks for the pictures!!
+1
is it factory package? looks like "I did it myself and my buddy was helping me" or "super special edition" dealer package...
stock SE looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The carbon fiber ground effects will switch to a matte black after initial launch and vehicle will be open to all colors as well as 4 and 6 cyl models. It will lease for about 50 bucks more than a standard SE. This is a SET package only. Individual parts will not be available for awhile.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Don't like it at all. Maybe the back bumper but that's about it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You SET guys get all the goodies! We just yesterday got a new Tundra sale flash regarding heavy discounts on Tundra accessories. No discount on the TRD blower though...

Any word on who is supplying the body panels for your XSP Camry?

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
^yea i think the quad exhaust makes it look ricey too. I would much rather have bigger circle tips on a dual exhaust than 4 small ones.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK.. Just my opinion..

I like the fact that they blacked out some of the chrome. I like the rear bumper and front lip. I like the red stitching on the seats. Unfortunately that is where it ends.

The wheels look like something you would pick up and PepBoys. I don’t care for the look at all.

The red strips and XSP logo are childish and look cheap. The red strip on the seats also looks like an afterthought. All told the package makes the car look cheap hacked together.

Put a decent set of black wheels on it with the new front lip and rear bumper. Add the red stitching to the seats and steering wheel and stop there.

They can keep the carbon fiber, logos and strips.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ok..you guys gotta remember a few things here.... when putting together a factory type package, you can't please everyone with wheels and leather and so on. You have to find a happy medium that you hope will appeal to a majority. Tire diameter on factory packages has to stay within limits of the OE tire size so 20's with rubberband rubber is out....even though we all would prefer it.....there are warranty issues to contend with there. Badging is always a must to promote the package from the marketing arm but is easily removed!:thumbsup: Aftermarket wheels are also out (unless they pass testing) due to the intense testing required by Toyota on all wheels. So as you can see not everything is possible to make them the way you would really want them. But hey, we gotta leave a few things for you guys to do to!;) FYI....we had it lowered an inch and it really looked good but our legal Dept wasn't having that either:headbang:....but there are kits out there now for the current gen 4 and 6 cyl....and I agree on the single dual tips...but I didn't have the juice to change that....came from over my head!! Regards,

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't really care for it except for maybe the interior, calipers, and the exhaust (without the dual tips... cheesy), but how much is the package price over a similarly equipped SE's sticker? Oh, and I never ever liked those dealer installed DRL LED lights!!! They look like an add on, and are out of place!

·
Rubber Ducky
864 Posts
I don't really care for it except for maybe the interior, calipers, and the exhaust (without the dual tips... cheesy), but how much is the package price over a similarly equipped SE's sticker? Oh, and I never ever liked those dealer installed DRL LED lights!!! They look like an add on, and are out of place!
the "calipers" are just bolt on covers. nothing more....

21 - 40 of 196 Posts
About this Discussion
195 Replies
56 Participants
CamLE2SE
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing