Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 196 Posts

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
If the TRD ones are just covers, they should easily be removable once you get rid of the car...
Yea good point, im not sure if they are just covers or not. The pic of them on eBay looks like they may have screw holes in them, but its hard to tell.

what are you gettin after the lease if you dont mind asking.... a truck?
Yea, i graduate from college in a year, so as long as i am able to find a job and all that before the end of my lease, (and i'm financially able to) i would like to get a Tundra after this lease. I hope I will be able to, but only time will tell! If i cant afford the 35-40k Tundra, then I will probably get a new Camry lease.

·
Millions &millions served
8,078 Posts
Yea good point, im not sure if they are just covers or not. The pic of them on eBay looks like they may have screw holes in them, but its hard to tell.
i think the main pedals are covers, its the foot rest/dead pedal that you have to screw in.

Yea, i graduate from college in a year, so as long as i am able to find a job and all that before the end of my lease, (and i'm financially able to) i would like to get a Tundra after this lease. I hope I will be able to, but only time will tell! If i cant afford the 35-40k Tundra, then I will probably get a new Camry lease.
why not just buy out this camry?

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Oh ok cool! I dont want to buy out this camry because I dont want this camry for longer than my lease is. The Camry is more of a stepping stone for me, intended to get me to the more expensive truck that I couldnt get now. If I am not able to afford the truck in a couple years, then I will get another lease because for 3 years i can either pay less than 10g's or finance my buyout which is 14g's. When my overall plan is to not keep the car longer than the lease term, leasing makes sense. To me, right now, at least. It may be one of those lease vs. buy competitions lol. I can see your point though, if I'm not ready for the truck then why dont i just buy out this Camry. Very solid point, and for all i know thats what may end up happening! Definitely something to think about!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
oh yea i remember that now...and the footrest, or dead pedal, doesnt fit right its a little off.

·
8,078 Posts
Oh ok cool! I dont want to buy out this camry because I dont want this camry for longer than my lease is. The Camry is more of a stepping stone for me, intended to get me to the more expensive truck that I couldnt get now. If I am not able to afford the truck in a couple years, then I will get another lease because for 3 years i can either pay less than 10g's or finance my buyout which is 14g's. When my overall plan is to not keep the car longer than the lease term, leasing makes sense. To me, right now, at least. It may be one of those lease vs. buy competitions lol. I can see your point though, if I'm not ready for the truck then why dont i just buy out this Camry. Very solid point, and for all i know thats what may end up happening! Definitely something to think about!
financially it makes sense to keep your camry if its not giving you any troubles (its a yota duh lol) since you'll just be out of school after the lease and.......so you have two cars right now? (rav4)

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
financially it makes sense to keep your camry if its not giving you any troubles (its a yota duh lol) since you'll just be out of school after the lease and.......so you have two cars right now? (rav4)

You are probably right. It most likely is going to be much easier to swing a monthly payment of 14k financed than a new lease or a new Tundra.

No, the RAV is my mom's, I just put it on my signature because its a new Toyota that has a few simple mods done to it so i feel its relevant to show that I'm a Toyota family lol. My brother has a 2002 Camry SE as well. I had that on there too before i did too many mods. However my dad has a Dodge truck, so that has never been in my sig haha.

·
8,078 Posts
You are probably right. It most likely is going to be much easier to swing a monthly payment of 14k financed than a new lease or a new Tundra.

No, the RAV is my mom's, I just put it on my signature because its a new Toyota that has a few simple mods done to it so i feel its relevant to show that I'm a Toyota family lol.
:thumbsup:

so why are you interested in a tundra, do you just want one?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wish this car would go away already. I's painful to look at. The XSP stickers/badges, the over the top carbon fiber kit, the cheesy BBS wheel design, the cheap XSP door steps...even funnier is this doesn't even include Entune. Is this thing even a V6 --- would be hilarious to have a quad exhaust (which is also tacky looking) and it wasn't? I don't think I saw a single 2012 V6 SE without Entune when I was shopping for mine. The blacked out emblems and the red stitching are the only things that turned out nice on this Rice Package.

...and did she just back up to show the front end and its "rear bumper spoiler"? :rolleyes:

·
straight cash homie
18,699 Posts
I'm surprised that TMS doesn't sell this instead of just the SET dealers...these cars would do well with the mad JDM tyte crowd here in So Cal.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
:thumbsup:

so why are you interested in a tundra, do you just want one?
Hey sorry I didnt see your response before, IDK how, my bad!

Yea, im interested in a tundra because 1) i'm a toyota person for life...I went off toyota, and after 9 months of solid headaches dumped it to get this Camry. I learned my lesson, and I will not be going off Toyota again haha. And I want a truck, well, 2) because I like trucks, and because EVENTUALLY it is in the plan to get a boat. Plus, the endless versatility of owning a truck! 3) I want a big motor just not for towing, but having a bigger motor is never a bad thing, and a tacoma doesnt come in a V8, let alone the 5.7. (Plus, have you ridden in the 5.7 tundra? That thing is pretty fast period, let alone for a damn tank going down the road!) So the only Toyota tuck w/ a big motor, or even a V8, is a Tundra. Plus i have driven and towed our boat a lot with one, and I have first hand experience that I like them. Actually, I just took the boat out with my friend that has the Tundra yesterday and we towed it with his Tundra. Everytime we do that I drive the Tundra, so I get to drive it pretty often! You wouldnt know your driving well over 6000 pounds down the road in it - it drives, and tows for that matter, great!

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
I wish this car would go away already. I's painful to look at. The XSP stickers/badges, the over the top carbon fiber kit, the cheesy BBS wheel design, the cheap XSP door steps...even funnier is this doesn't even include Entune. Is this thing even a V6 --- would be hilarious to have a quad exhaust (which is also tacky looking) and it wasn't? I don't think I saw a single 2012 V6 SE without Entune when I was shopping for mine. The blacked out emblems and the red stitching are the only things that turned out nice on this Rice Package.

...and did she just back up to show the front end and its "rear bumper spoiler"? :rolleyes:
IDK, but i would be willing to bet its a 4cyl based on everything that it has going on! :lol:

·
8,078 Posts
Hey sorry I didnt see your response before, IDK how, my bad!
:chug:

Yea, im interested in a tundra because 1) i'm a toyota person for life...I went off toyota, and after 9 months of solid headaches dumped it to get this Camry. I learned my lesson, and I will not be going off Toyota again haha. And I want a truck, well, 2) because I like trucks, and because EVENTUALLY it is in the plan to get a boat. Plus, the endless versatility of owning a truck! 3) I want a big motor just not for towing, but having a bigger motor is never a bad thing, and a tacoma doesnt come in a V8, let alone the 5.7. (Plus, have you ridden in the 5.7 tundra? That thing is pretty fast period, let alone for a damn tank going down the road!) So the only Toyota tuck w/ a big motor, or even a V8, is a Tundra. Plus i have driven and towed our boat a lot with one, and I have first hand experience that I like them. Actually, I just took the boat out with my friend that has the Tundra yesterday and we towed it with his Tundra. Everytime we do that I drive the Tundra, so I get to drive it pretty often! You wouldnt know your driving well over 6000 pounds down the road in it - it drives, and tows for that matter, great!
that's cool, I didn't know you tow. yeah the 5.7 is sweet, what a monster, its as fast as a camry v6. the 4.6 isn't too bad either :)

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
If you guys forgot already, it comes in v6 and 4cyl flavors I believe. It's most likely the v6.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
:chug:

that's cool, I didn't know you tow. yeah the 5.7 is sweet, what a monster, its as fast as a camry v6. the 4.6 isn't too bad either :)
Yea the 4.6 in a Tacoma would be even better, because thats a decently big motor for the small Tacoma - and the most important aspect : the Tacoma will fit in the garage!!! :lol:

Thats pretty much what my dad has - a Dodge Dakota w/ the 4.7L V8. He got that instead of a Tundra because he needed a truck that could tow our boat but he would sacrifice towing for it to fit in the garage. But we got a bigger boat, and I'm used to towing the boat with the Tundra now, so every time I tow the boat w/ his truck I'm like damn i can feel the boat behind me alot! Tundra is definitely a beast! Staying away from the engine power - Just even the pure weight of it makes it easier to tow because rather than the boat bullying the truck when it goes over bumps in the road and stuff, you can barely feel it when going over the same bumps in the Tundra. Dont even get me started on the stopping power, even though the trailer has brakes as well!

And the Camry V6 is a pretty quick car for sure! Its pretty good for a big a$$ truck to keep up with it! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the off topic rant!

81 - 100 of 196 Posts
About this Discussion
195 Replies
56 Participants
CamLE2SE
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing