Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The automatic rear hatch on my 2013 venza is not working correctly. Firstly, it DOES operate manually. The button to disable the door is NOT depressed to disable the system. If you depress the button to open it automatically (via inside the front cabin, the remote, or the rear door), it beeps, sounds like it is trying to open but does not unlatch, and secures itself closed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine (2010 Venza LE 4cyl, 180,000 miles) wasn't working right, either. I went looking for something in the lock mechanism (mechanical or electrical) but nothing stood out. Finally realized the weatherstripping (thick black rubber all around the opening) wasn't seated correctly. Re-installed the stripping all around and the door worked good as new. That was about a year or two ago. Recently, same problem re-occurred. Think I will apply some dabs of adhesive to the rubber to make sure it stays in place.

·
Registered
2014 Venza
327 Posts
The problem with mine is that when I press the key fob it beeps open a little then closes. I have to do this a few more times for it to open completely.

·
Registered
2014 Venza
327 Posts
Hey lburton, thanks for the heads up. Yes I can grab the bottom to pull it open, but after pressing the fob couple times it opens all the way, it only does it with fob. The latch release inside the car works perfect, I noticed it few days ago after work, I would let the windows down and open the hatch while walking to my car to kinda cool it off before it get to my car, that is when I notice it didn't opening all the way beeps unlatches opens a little then closes.

·
Registered
2014 Venza
327 Posts
It's a box you put in the OBD port, lets you roll up and roll down the windows with the key fob. Got it years ago still works, don't remember what it's called but I now it took a long time to be delivered lol.

·
2011 Venza
2,910 Posts
It's a box you put in the OBD port, lets you roll up and roll down the windows with the key fob. Got it years ago still works, don't remember what it's called but I now it took a long time to be delivered lol.

I remember, they took like 6-8 weeks, unfortunately, they are not available from Aliexpress any more, at least not the original listing. However, if you Google "Toyota Venza OBD window closer", you'll find them.Here is the post with functional and purchasing info:
https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/152-venza-forum/534898-auto-closing-function-2.html#post8795906

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2013 Venza XLE with power lift gate. The liftgate would only sometimes open with the keyfob or pressing the liftgate button on the drivers side. Most of the time it would not.. you would press the buttons and it would just give one long beep. What fixed this for me was disconnecting the negative cable on the battery for 10 minutes, connect the cable back up, lock and unlock the doors with the key fob then try the lift gate button on the fob and driver side button. Liftgate now works. Hopefully the fix will last.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts