Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Camry SE V6 2014.5
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone noticed this? I'm going on a slight curved highway at 70mph. If I let go of the steering wheel, the car maintains course following the curvature of the lane. The steering doesn't straighten itself out like doing a normal turn. Has anyone noticed this? Is this a "feature"?

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,958 Posts
never noticed it on my car...
was that curve leveled or not? did you had half flat tire on one side? alignment?
camry's steering is light and has very limited feed back but it returns into "0" position as soon as you let it go.

·
Registered
Camry SE V6 2014.5
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never noticed it on my car...
was that curve leveled or not? did you had half flat tire on one side? alignment?
camry's steering is light and has very limited feed back but it returns into "0" position as soon as you let it go.
Level curve. Only slight bend, and long (~1mile?). Didn't feel any disturbance related to wind. No flat tires, no alignment issues, since it does NOT moves towards any side during straight ways. And yes, during normal turning, it returns to 0. But not during HWY - stays very fixed and stable.

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Camry SE
219 Posts
I love the steering! so light and easy to get used to. Best for city driving!
Yeah I drove a BMW X5. go try that steering wheel. haha ;)
stiff as f**K!

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,958 Posts
I love the steering! so light and easy to get used to. Best for city driving!
Yeah I drove a BMW X5. go try that steering wheel. haha ;)
stiff as f**K!
it's called sporty and luxury feeling. :)
I have a medium size hill on the way to work and usually empty 3 lane road goes up and then down with a slight curve on both sides of the hill. I've tried to let steering wheel go and car straighten out practically immediately and went from the left lane to the middle lane in in 2-3 sec on both sides of the hill.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Try a 70's BMW without power steering (and a good 1/2" of play or so), then whine about EPS. :)

I didn't like electronic steering at first...it was overly sensitive and hard to get used to, but once I got used to it, I do like how it does exactly what you tell it to do, the second you turn it just a bit. And it won't freaking leak everywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.