Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has a 2014 Corolla LE Plus. Well looked after since 4 and half years. 31k miles. Out of warranty and we purchased no service plan.

What all services would you recommend for the car at this stage - just had an oil change done and an alignment done. Not sure if the alignment toe angle was super out of spec or not? Did the shop just rip us off ?

https://ibb.co/VHrJJDj

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad. This is the before picture. They reset it to 0.00 and 0.01 on the front left and front right.
They were not supposed to charge me if everything was within spec. I'm not sure if these measurements are to be considered bad or manageable

·
Registered
84 Posts
Certainly within toyota spec. At least according to the print out. Cant find my sheet but my toe was out on my 14 enough to be in the red but they were able to bring it back in.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Corolla
334 Posts
Make sure the TSB for the CVT is done. Every 5K, change the oil and oil filter. Every year, clean out or replace your in cabin air filter. Every 60K, get a CVT drain and fill service done. @90K change the spark plugs, and replace the air filter. @180K do a coolant flush, replace the water pump, and engine thermostat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure the TSB for the CVT is done. Every 5K, change the oil and oil filter. Every year, clean out or replace your in cabin air filter. Every 60K, get a CVT drain and fill service done. @90K change the spark plugs, and replace the air filter. @180 K do a coolant flush, replace the water pump, and engine thermostat.

Thanks for the response. Will try to find recommended services for the CVT.

Got this sheet from the dealership. Not sure how effective a fuel system cleaner is and if it's really needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Camry
499 Posts
Everything Diesel said, but I'd suggest changing the coolant once at 90K rather than waiting until 180K. Also, I would suggest that you change your engine air filter every ~30-50K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything Diesel said, but I'd suggest changing the coolant once at 90K rather than waiting until 180K. Also, I would suggest that you change your engine air filter every ~30-50K.

Thanks guys. Just changed the engine air filter when it hit 30K. Definitely needed a change. Cabin air filter also changed just now. This is the third filter. Other than that I keep the oil interval at 6K with full synthetic. Allegedly it can go up to 10K on full synthetic, but I'm skeptical on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts