Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Camry+1999 Rav4
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Corolla (46k miles) is not getting any heat. My cooling system is working perfectly, coolant level is good. I checked the damper door and is working, and AC is ice cold.

I googled and found it has a heater core sensor, not sure how to check it. Also I found the heater core, didn't see any leak. The internet is full of how to diagnosis heater problems but mostly for old cars and not specific for 2014 corolla.

So Anyone here that has a 11th Gen Corolla with heater issues?

·
Registered
2012 Camry+1999 Rav4
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After 2 weeks of research and beers I found the root cause of no heat issue. The heater core is clogged. In inlet is hot and the outlet is cold, normal working core is both hot when the heat is on full. I need the reverse flush the core and that should fix it. The cause of the clog is by the previous owner putting radiator sealant into the coolant to seal up a radiator leak cause by a bird strike. He patch up the radiator and the heater stop working every since. So lesson learned not to use Stop Leak,, just add coolant until the radiator is repaired or replaced.

·
Registered
2012 Camry+1999 Rav4
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so how much work was it to replace the heater core?
I didn't replace the heater core, I just flush it with a garden hose. When you unclogged the heater core everything works again, I'm getting lots of heat now. It only take an hour, and all you need is a 5/8" hose connected to your garden hose to your heater core. Check out youtube and it'll show you all the details.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didn't replace the heater core, I just flush it with a garden hose. When you unclogged the heater core everything works again, I'm getting lots of heat now. It only take an hour, and all you need is a 5/8" hose connected to your garden hose to your heater core. Check out youtube and it'll show you all the details.
good to know. my 2016 scion iM is probably having an issue with an actuator. because sometimes it doesn't blow hot air on the feet but does out of the upper vents. so you have roasting body and freezing feet. but today it worked perfect. so i dont know.

·
Registered
2012 Camry+1999 Rav4
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to know. my 2016 scion iM is probably having an issue with an actuator. because sometimes it doesn't blow hot air on the feet but does out of the upper vents. so you have roasting body and freezing feet. but today it worked perfect. so i dont know.
If you getting heat but not at your feet then you have an actuator issue and not heater core issue. Remove the lower passenger side panel and you can see the entire HVAC system and check to see if the actuator door is working when you turn the Temp knob cold to hot and back and forth, may be something jammed the gears and that may be an easy fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts