Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the non-Entune audio system (no apps) with 6.1 touchscreen.

When I connect my iPhone 5 or iPod Nano 7 via bluetooth, I have no ability to browse folders for playing music. When I use a USB cable, I get these features under the Browse button. In either case. I'm not getting any cover art.

Does anyone know if the lack of a Browse button via bluetooth is a limitation of the system, of IOS, or am I just doing something wrong. I would really rather not use a cable.

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
I remember seeing something on here about iphones....or maybe it was phones in general using bluetooth and artwork not showing up. I believe its a flaw in the system. You could do a quick search and probably get some info. I use my ipod with a cable and have no issues....other than having an ipod in plain sight in the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I can live without the artwork. The real issue I'm having is that the "browse" option (to navigate artists, songs, folders) is not available via Bluetooth. It is only available if I use a cable. Can anyone confirm if this is a Toyota, IOS or Bluetooth issue, or if it's normal behavior. With 500 songs on my iPod, I don't want to be fiddling with the iPod itself while I'm driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.