Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Per Toyota's website (bolding denotes Limited feature):

Upgrade price difference from XLE to Limited: $3,286 invoice, $3,600 MSRP
- 19-inch Chromtec wheels (XLE gets 18-inch alloys)
- LED daytime running lights
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Perforated leather
- 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
- Memory driver seat
- Dual second-row captain's chairs with a table in between (avail as option on XLE)
- 12-speaker JBL GreenEdge audio system (XLE has only 6 speakers)
- Projector-beam halogen smoked-chrome-accent headlights
- Outside mirrors with memory function and puddle lights
- Wood-grain interior accent (XLE gets metallic accent)
- Blue LED ambient lighting on interior of front and rear doors and in-dash shelf
- Power windows with auto up/down and jam protection in all positions (XLE only for driver and front passenger)
- Blind-spot monitoring system
- Rear cross-traffic alerts
- Rear parking sensors
- Integrated backup camera with dynamic gridlines

Available options only on Limited:

Driver Technology Package; $1,266 invoice, $1,400 MSRP:
- Safety Connect, Pre-Collision System, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Automatic High Beam Headlights

Platinum Package; $2,274 invoice, $2,490 MSRP:
- Includes Driver Technology Package
- Panoramic moonroof, heated steering wheel, heated perforated leather second-row captain's chairs

Pricing (per Edmunds.com):

$33,765 invoice, $36,900 MSRP: XLE FWD (incl. destination)
$37,051 invoice, $40,500 MSRP: Limited FWD (incl. destination)

$3,286 invoice, $3,600 MSRP: Upgrade price difference from XLE to Limited
$1,266 invoice, $1,400 MSRP: Driver Technology Package
$2,274 invoice, $2,490 MSRP: Platinum Package (includes Driver Tech Pkg)

$1,333 invoice, $1,460 MSRP: AWD (same price on both trims)

Limited Drawback:
- You are forced into second row captain chairs. No option for second row bench seating to close gap to cargo area, plus you lose the middle seat.
- The 19-inch wheels have Chromtec wheel covers. No option for alloy-only wheels.

Platinum Drawback:
- Due to pano roof, factory ceiling DVD entertainment is not avail. (ipads might be a more cost effective and more versatile solution anyway.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's interesting that the Canadian XLE version gets 19 inch wheels as standard. I know this because I just ordered one and I would have preferred 18 inch wheels for a more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's interesting that the Canadian XLE version gets 19 inch wheels as standard. I know this because I just ordered one and I would have preferred 18 inch wheels for a more comfortable ride.
It's interesting that Canada gets bigger wheels given the inclement weather and more likely need for chains, etc. Plus the US is birth of the bling wheels. I saw the same larger wheel in Canada conundrum when buying my Mercedes.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you notice anything that is not correct or that can be added, you can list below and I'll add it to the above post.
Another Available option on the XLE & Limited is Rear Seat Blu-ray Disc entertainment system. Not available with Platinum Package because of Panoramic Moonroof.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the above is true... I bought an XLE below invoice. I know the dealer doesn't lose money on a sale. How many invoice prices do they have ?
For the past few years, invoice has become an inflated invoice. Auto manufacturers know that invoice is freely avail online for buyers. So to protect margins they inflate invoice and give dealers larger bonuses for selling the vehicle. These bonuses are highly guarded secrets and the dealer likely doesn't even know what he made or lost on each vehicle sale because many bonuses are determined by individual dealer specific thresholds.

Invoice is the price that the dealer has to pay for a car. However the bonuses for selling a car is higher than before.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good point. I don't believe any of those guesstimates on invoice pricing. I do believe volume dealers buy a a lower price or maybe like the post says gets a larger hold back. I hope they made a decent profit to keep the doors open. I know it is expensive for an operation to keep current with employees, training, parts, insurance, taxes, and maintenance just to name a few. Dealers have come a long way in the past decades and seem to be more receptive to buyers needs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I take it that Ventilated Front Seats means that they are cooled? If so, it's about time Toyota offered this. Especially as hot and Muggy as it gets in the Midwest. Hopefully they have upgraded the Window Up and Down and the overhead control panel buttons with back lighting. I find it ridiculous that my 2012 $40K vehicle are not. Even the 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 and before that the 2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD V8 had those features. I am always having to have my wife reach up to open the garage door at night since I don't drive the car much.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point. I don't believe any of those guesstimates on invoice pricing. I do believe volume dealers buy a a lower price or maybe like the post says gets a larger hold back. I hope they made a decent profit to keep the doors open. I know it is expensive for an operation to keep current with employees, training, parts, insurance, taxes, and maintenance just to name a few. Dealers have come a long way in the past decades and seem to be more receptive to buyers needs.
They aren't guesstimates. Invoice is what the dealer is charged. Holdback is the same at every dealer. Volume dealers do not pay less however they may receive larger bonuses, a larger allocation to custom order, and other perks. A dealership has four main businesses; new car sales, used car sales, service and parts. Plus they make kickbacks on outsourcing; body work, non-oem custom accessories, car rental and much more. I wouldn't worry about Toy dealers having trouble eeking out a profit.

·
*Just the Facts, Ma'm*
1,745 Posts
Calif - I thought the Limited also came with radar cruise control..... and blue accent lighting throughout the cabin and thin lit fibre optic strips in all 4 doors? Me likey!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Published invoices are no closer than my estimation of health care costs in the next ten years. Large dealers certainly are afforded better perks whether they be hold backs or other incentives. What you believe and I think are two different views. Salesmen don't even have a clue. Unless your the owner or cpa ..... it will remain a closely guarded secret.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Published invoices are no closer than my estimation of health care costs in the next ten years. Large dealers certainly are afforded better perks whether they be hold backs or other incentives. What you believe and I think are two different views. Salesmen don't even have a clue. Unless your the owner or cpa ..... it will remain a closely guarded secret.
I recognize that as English but I have no clue what is being said. It sounds grumpy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those 19" Canadian XLE wheels are the best across the lineup. Are they secretly available in USA?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not my fault you didn't go to school... It's not too late !
Hmmmm, I all for forgiving grammar and spelling errors in forums because we all write quick, anonymous, casual notes. But if someone wants to talk about schooling maybe they should not butcher their own grammar. At least the above post is understandable. I unfortunately earned an Anderson MBA, FYI. I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling earlier. You might want to be coherent when making snide comments or you might get schooled. lol.

·
Registered
284 Posts
:lol: not gonna lie, I laughed a bit at that comment, but what he posted made perfect sense to me :dunno:

Apparently some of us get it ... some of us don't. You started the mud talk, so suck the juice out of that lemon. I am impressed. All of us have PHDs. I have one in understanding, apparently you skipped that class. So run along and impress the forum later with your great wisdom of language and wordily events. Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So my XLE only has 6 speakers vs 12 for the Limited. My question is, is there an upgrade kit for adding speakers to the XLE. I assume that the speakers are prewired.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts