Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My 2014 Highlander Limited must have the worst camera ever. The resolution is really bad and grainy looking and I can barely make out objects sometimes in bright sunlight or at night. Any suggestions on replacing the camera? I just upgraded to the latest software but it didn't help the camera at all. Not sure if it's the camera or display but it looks terrible and almost unusable. My wife's 2015 Mazda 6 camera puts this one to shame.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
In inclement weather the rear camera is useless. But in nice weather it's OK. My middle son's Hyundai camera is like HD compared to the Toyota camera.

·
Registered
170 Posts
there were other threads about his. Dont remember the outcome if its the actual camera or the head unit (or both).
search in here and 2nd gen section.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow, even our (former)'13 HL had a decent camera although it was a tiny screen. I always have to wipe off the lens back there after any type wet weather. It's a PITA when I forget.

The backup camera on our '16 Acura MDX is the pits. Horrible quality. A joke considering the price, trim line, etc. I'd bet good money it's worse than yours.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would imagine replacing the camera would improve image quality but would render the guidelines inaccurate. You would also still be limited to the resolution of the display and I’m not sure if there is anything that would fit in the factory location. If anyone can find a drop in replacement I would be interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts