Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The day installed the bypass, I ran a lot of errands, driving at least a 100 miles (city, stop and go, and highways). What do you mean poorly?
On my 2007 Saturn, it was like it had to relearn shift points and proper fuel delivery pressures. That could go on all day if I didn't take it on the highway.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Getting ready to order a bypass and want some verification from some users here especially those with the Crux interface.

The Crux unit not only adds the ability to do AV inputs, but does it also bypass the navigation unit giving the full ability to control the headunit while the car is in motion?

The Prestigious Society unit just adds the ability to bypass the navigation while the car is in motion. From what I understand it does not add the AV input ability.

So $199 compared to $185...I can spend the extra $15 and have the AV input. Does this sound correct?

·
Registered
232 Posts
To my understanding, the crux does not bypass Navi. It just allows you to mirror Navi from a smartphone, tablet, etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is where I am confused...if you look prior in the post jagbagri made it sound like it does indeed bypass the Navi. Hopefully he/she can come back in the thread and just verify before i order. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
This afternoon I installed my Crux AVITY-01 adapter in my limited platinum. The adapter works perfectly as advertised and gives me the ability to run A/V into the head unit. Also this adapter does INDEED BYPASS THE NAVI. Basically when its enabled the navigation unit stops as if it thinks the car is parked. At that point you can do anything to the head unit as if the car was parked (such as entering an address). After you are done you can then disable the bypass and the navigation will pick up where you left off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This afternoon I installed my Crux AVITY-01 adapter in my limited platinum. The adapter works perfectly as advertised and gives me the ability to run A/V into the head unit. Also this adapter does INDEED BYPASS THE NAVI. Basically when its enabled the navigation unit stops as if it thinks the car is parked. At that point you can do anything to the head unit as if the car was parked (such as entering an address). After you are done you can then disable the bypass and the navigation will pick up where you left off.
You are absolutely correct Sarcoptic, the AVITY-01 has a built-in VIM capability (VIM=Video-in-Motion) otherwise it would not be a novelty. Sorry for the late reply.

Furthermore, we have recently added the WVITY-01 which works wirelessly with both Android & iPhone devices. It costs more though.
Web: http://cruxinterfacing.com/index.php

Here is a link to the new release: http://cruxinterfacing.com/products/WVITY-01/index.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you post a pic the HDMI connection next to the factory USB plug? I'm looking to purchase the av/nav bypass and I am contemplating installing myself. Waiting for an install quote from a local shop. Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey all,
After some thought I went ahead and I ordered the Crux VIM/AV integration module from Amazon for my wife's 2015 Highlander. I was thinking about Prestigious Society module originally but Crux does the trick using your SWC without having to add a switch. It also enables you to mirror you smartphone screen, which is awesome. I will record a DIY install and overview video if I find time on my vacation break unless I continue to live a Dr life first a few days of my time off before my trip. I also called local instalation shop, they offered me to do it for $65. I'll update yall

61 - 72 of 72 Posts