Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody shed light on which of the connectors and pins on the 2014 non-JBL radio are for the microphone and rear camera? Also is there a discrete wire for the parking brake? I'm trying to fit a pioneer AVIC- 7200NEX.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 with basic radio and looking at the 8200NEX when the stock starts to give me problems. Could you possibly post your progress with some pictures so we can see how it looks in the dash. Some issues I expect is the car systems screen on stock and how it connects and looks on the Pioneer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on my third round of buying adapters, it's slow going but I've made steady progress with each round. Currently I'm stuck on the rear-view camera. I'm trying to preserve my factory camera for use with the AVIC. The date of manufacture of my car is apparently an issue - some 2014's have one type of camera and need one type of adapter, while other 2014's have another type of camera and need another type of adapter. From what I can tell it's related to the date of manufacture (the month actually -not the date), and has to do with the voltage required by the camera. Apparently after a certain date of manufacture, the camera needs a different voltage.

Regarding the backup camera connections at the head unit, there is a 24-pin connector that only has four wires present from the car. Those are on pins 1 & 13 and pins 2 & 14. From looking at the various adapterse, the camera's video signal seems to arrive on pins 1&13, and I believe pins 2&14 are related to "when in reverse"... I'm not sure how the "when in reverse" signals work - any thoughts? It seems to me, since a different adapter is needed at the head unit, that the + supply for the camera must be supplied on one of these pins. And if that's the case, I would expect the other pin to present a ground or +12v or +0v when the car is in reverse. But I'm not sure about any of that.

I also gave up trying to re-use the factory microphone (no adapters available) and I also gave up trying to fit the AVIC-included microphone into the overhead console due to the difficulty of removing the overhead console.

More details and updates coming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts